Thinking Outside the Flask: 10 Groomsmen Gift Ideas

by Brett on September 18, 2008 · 77 comments

in Friendship, Relationships & Family

Your groomsmen are your best buddies, guys who have been there for you through thick and thin. And on the most important day of your life, they’ll be there for you once again, standing by your side as you take the plunge. Of course no one likes going to weddings and getting dressed up in some monkey suit, but it’s no big deal to them because they’re your bros. In return for their longtime friendship and for coming to support you in getting hitched, you are supposed to bestow upon each of them a groomsmen gift.

It can be hard to think of a classy gift your friends will actually like, and more difficult still, something they will actually use. No guy needs another knickknack that’s going to sit in his desk drawer and gather dust. But many guys aren’t exceptionally creative when it comes to gift giving and don’t like particularly like shopping either. It can paralyze our brains, to the point that we think groomsmen bobble heads might be a good idea.

The engraved flask is a popular choice, but I can’t say I’m a fan. When does a regular guy use a flask? Seriously. How often are you stealing sips of whiskey when you’re out and about? You’ve pretty much landed in wino country if you’re doing that. Cuff links are a traditional gift, but most guys don’t own shirts that necessitate them anymore, so they may not be put to use. Money clips aren’t a bad selection, but many men are attached to their current wallet or clip. Watches make nice gifts, but selecting one is really a matter of personal taste and pocket watches, though tasteful and handsome, will likely end up in their underwear drawer.

Fortunately, there are other fine alternatives. I did some thinking, shopped around, and came up with 10 classy, cool gifts that you’ll be proud to give to your groomsmen.

Note: No one’s paying us a dime to recommend these things to you. We honestly think they’re good ideas. Enjoy.

Louisville Slugger Baseball Bat

It’s a real wooden bat, same kind used as the pros. And you can engrave a message on it. A little pricey, but pretty sweet. Your buddy can use it at the company softball game or wield it when checking out strange noises in the night.

Keepsake Box

I used to love looking in my dad’s keepsake box. He’d keep his tie tacks, tie clips, watches, and old pocketknives in it. The site I linked to above is called etsy.com. People on Etsy sell their homemade crafts online. This seller offers some pretty cool and unique keepsake boxes which are made out of old books. Be sure to check out this one and this one. Pretty damn manly. And check out this one, made from an old post office bank. For something more traditional, see here.

Shaving Kit

I can’t think of a better gift to bestow upon your groomsmen than to help them start shaving like their grandpas. Shaving kits can be pretty pricey, so if you don’t have much expendable income, think about simply getting them a nice brush or razor.

Pocketknife

As you know, every man should carry a pocketknife. Lots of gift sites carry engravable pocketknives, but they are generally woosy knives designed to look pretty instead of being used to stab grizzly bears in the heart. Plus, a man doesn’t want to think about your wedding every time he takes his knife out of his pocket. So skip the engraving altogether and just get them a sweet, well-made one. There are plenty of good options out there. W.R. Case makes some fine pocket knives. They’ve been handcrafting them right here in the USA since 1889. Whichever you choose, find a knife that your friend will love to carry around and want to pass on to their son.

Flint and Steel Fire Starter Kit

Nothing’s more manly than building a fire without matches. So if your friends are outdoorsy and you want to find them something unique (read: seriously cool) give them this flint and steel fire starter kit. It’s got steel, a flint rock, char cloth, raw cotton, tinder, and instructions all packed in a nice tin. They’ll be starting fires like real mountain men in no time.

Shoeshine Kit

Well shined shoes are essential to a professional appearance, but a surprising number of guys in their 20′s don’t have a shoeshine skit. Hook your friends up with a gift they’ll use throughout their life.

Fountain Pen

Help your friend upgrade from a crummy Bic ballpoint pen, to the luxury of the classic fountain variety. When your friend writes his information on the back of his calling card for a lovely young lady, he’ll be doing it in style. Most department stores carry them and some office supply stores do as well. Note: If you click on the link, be sure and scroll down to find cheaper options. Unless you’re considering spending $1,428.00 on a writing utensil. Yowza.

Pocket square

Nothing finishes off a sharp looking suit like a pocket square. If you go this route, it’s a good idea to get your groomsmen a white one because it will go with almost any color combination. Or get one that matches your wedding colors and that they can wear on the big day. To personalize the gift, have his initials embroidered into the handkerchief. If your bud is like most young men today, he’s probably never folded a pocket square. So be sure to include some directions on how to make your favorite fold or sit down and have a man to man tutorial together.

Gift Certificate to a Hat Store

Every man secretly wants to start bringing back the hat, but sometimes they need a little push. Get your buddies on their way to becoming dapper gentlemen by giving them a gift certificate to a local hat store. Before the wedding, they can together enjoy a manly outing to pick out and buy their new lids. On the day of the wedding, the sight of your groomsmen decked out in their suave new hats will make for a most excellent photo op.

Dopp Kit

Every man needs a Dopp kit. Get your groomsmen a gift they’ll use on all their travels. Tell them to pack it up and to not to be a stranger once you’re a married man. Let them know your door is always open for a visit.

What are your groomsmen gift ideas? Did we leave something out? Want to defend the flask? Drop a line in the comment box and let us know.

If you liked this article, please share it on del.icio.us or StumbleUpon. I’d appreciate it.

1 Dan September 18, 2008 at 9:54 pm

i decide to get my groomsmen shaving kits, and then this shows up. one more reason why this is the best site ever.

2 Baniz September 18, 2008 at 10:15 pm

Men should like wearing suits because suits look good on any guy

3 Barrett September 18, 2008 at 11:54 pm

Great ideas!! These are really wonderful gifts for groomsmen…

4 Overstroming September 18, 2008 at 11:56 pm

What do you get for a man who has everything? A box to put it all into.
Or some of it at least, the keepsake box gets my vote.

5 SueDoc September 19, 2008 at 3:03 am

Most manly groomsmen gift ever — hand-made hunting knives.

6 Vickie September 19, 2008 at 3:10 am

Agree with Baniz. Uncomfortable they may be, men do look good in suits.

7 Matt September 19, 2008 at 3:31 am

Glad to see you finally did an article on the Groomsman’s gifts. As an update to my previous posts in the Dopp Kit thread, I would like to say that I went with a Dopp kit – pocket knife combo. I knew that both of them would be doing extensive traveling int he near future and that they would need some high-class storage. As for the pocket knives; I can’t begin to count how many times I have seen them use them while we are hanging out.

8 Peter James September 19, 2008 at 4:35 am

Wish you would have posted this 2 years ago!!! :)

Great ideas. I don’t know why, but I love the bat.

9 Greg A. September 19, 2008 at 4:46 am

I personally went with the engraved Flask – Lighter combo. They seemed to enjoy, made the most of them the night of the wedding atleast

10 Darren September 19, 2008 at 4:51 am

Great post, I would love to receive anything listed here! I collect fountain pens a bit, and I would recommend swisherpens.com for some of the best prices. The service is un-beatable, too. One thing to consider…some people may not like the maintainence required with a fountain pen, or they might be a lefty (Fountain pens tend to smear when used left-handed). Almost every fountain pen design has it’s ball pen version available, so that might be a good alternative. That being said, you can’t beat the “Parker 45″ fountain pen for price or performance. Parker has been making them for over 40 years, and they run in the neighborhood of about $30.

11 Tim September 19, 2008 at 5:13 am

I got my groomsman silver pocket watches with their monogram engraved on them. Pretty classy in my opinion.

12 Adam September 19, 2008 at 6:16 am

The last gift I was given was from a lady friend for being in her wedding. We all got these soft sided coolers with shoulder straps that fold out into small stools to sit on. They each had our names embroidered on them. It was an awesome gift for camping, going to the beach, backyard bbqs, etc.

13 David September 19, 2008 at 6:41 am

I also got my groomsmen pocket watches. They’ve been wearing them to weddings since, and my brother wears his with his suit.

14 Pete September 19, 2008 at 6:49 am

It’s funny you should mention it, because when my wife and I got married in 2006, we got everyone in the wedding party customized bobbleheads (from the same place linked, actually!). It *was* expensive, but we budgeted for it and managed to find a “body” that fit each person’s unique style and personality. The hardest part was getting photos of people in the first place – they need a profile head shot, and a front-on head shot. So we had to get photos from everybody in the party, without raising suspicions. I think they thought we were going to do a mug shot theme or something.

But I have to say – the reward was priceless. We passed out the boxes at the rehearsal dinner, and made everybody wait to open them at the same time. The look on people’s faces when they pulled out a personalized bobblehead of themselves was one of the greatest moments ever!

I’ve also seen personalized “bar signs” for each groomsman, which was awesome as well. I’ve got mine up in the basement.

Great site, and keep up the awesome work!

15 Kyle September 19, 2008 at 7:41 am

Because my groomsmen and I are avid outdoorsmen, I got them all nice compasses. The guys who had helped keep me on a steady path since grade school were also the ones I enjoyed going camping and hunting with most. The compasses seemed to say exactly what I had hoped they would.

16 Brett September 19, 2008 at 7:42 am

@Kyle-

Very thoughtful and very cool. Great suggestion.

17 Ben September 19, 2008 at 8:23 am

Great article and topic! I especially like shaving kit, and pocketknife.
(Disclaimer: I’m a little biased since I make custom pocketknives.)

18 Ben September 19, 2008 at 8:26 am

Oh, and Kyle’s idea to give compasses is EXCELLENT! Great job, Kyle!
-Ben

19 Jordan September 19, 2008 at 9:18 am

Personally, I think groosman gifts should be more usable to the group of people you’re working with. Compasses are great if you’re outdoorsmen, but if you’re drinkers, they’re useless. On the flipside, a pocket watch is classy and cool-looking, but are your buddies the type that would wear those things normally? I say, even though there are some cool things mentioned here, go with something they won’t have to keep and not use. (Flasks?)

20 Steve September 19, 2008 at 9:53 am

And make them wear it:

I found nice, but not too expensive pocket watches here:

And I had them wear vests with watch chains.

Too cool.

At my brother’s wedding…He gave me a leather cigar case, also very manly. My other brother gave out unique cuff links…can’t get more many than that!

Steve

21 John J September 19, 2008 at 10:45 am

Hat store gift card!

Awesome idea!

22 jmstech September 19, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Call me superstitious, but don’t forget to strap a coin to the knife if you plan to give them as gifts (the receiver gives the coin back to the giver)

23 jmstech September 19, 2008 at 12:17 pm

…and flasks only make sense if you include a great Scotch with it.

24 Adrian September 19, 2008 at 12:43 pm

I received a wallet with my initals engraved an a little metal stub on it. I thought it was pretty cool, and functional.

I also received a swiss army knife pen, engraved, which I keep at my desk and is another cool gift.

As for the fountain pen, you can get good deals on Lamy pens (personal fave) and other fountains at isellpens.com. I’m not affiliated with that site in anyway, by the way, but I did buy my pen from them and it was the best price I could find anywhere (after searching and agonizing for over a month on pens. drove my friends crazy).

25 Matthew Soden September 19, 2008 at 2:48 pm

A buddy of mine got his groomsmen, all of whom are outdoorsmen, is a decent .22 rifle. Reasonably priced, fun, useful and certainly masculine.

26 Mike M. September 19, 2008 at 3:08 pm

How about a flashlight? Not the cheap stuff, but something like a Surefire Executive E2? Compact and bright.

27 Uberhack September 19, 2008 at 5:13 pm

I only had my brother in my wedding party. He’d been an avid Harley rider for over 20 years and had the same riding jacket for most of that time.
I got him a really nice new jacket as his gift on the condition that he gave the old one a Viking funeral.

28 Peter September 19, 2008 at 11:35 pm

I love the bat.

29 Kevin (ReturnToManliness) September 20, 2008 at 9:45 am

Everything on the list I’ve heard about, but the bat??? What a freaking cool idea!

The compass is another great idea. Great article….

30 Hugh September 21, 2008 at 7:58 pm

I worked in an engraving shop a few years ago and a couple came in with 12 Derringers for grooms men gifts. Coolest thing I ‘ve ever seen, I engraved the date of the wedding on the top barrel and put the date along the handle strap. I know its not for everyone but I wanted to be a grooms man there.

31 Kyle September 22, 2008 at 5:17 am

Definitely agree with Jordan, in that the groomsman gifts you give should be useful to those they’re intended for (hence, we are avid outdoorsmen, I gave compasses).

Another idea (if you’ve got the ability, and this is applicable to you) would be a nice 25 – 50 count cigar humidor. You can find them very reasonably priced… (not a paid advertisement) at places like http://www.cigarbid.com.

32 Eric September 22, 2008 at 12:14 pm

A lot of my friends, in order to eliminate having a lot of impractical things that we won’t use (see also: cuff links, pocket watches, etc.), have been giving gift baskets that include all sorts of things that they enjoy. Microbrews, cigars, magazine subscriptions, etc. The best one I’ve received included a subscription to Men’s Fitness, a bunch of microbrews, certificates to his favorite pizza place, and a DVD of Alien Vs. Predator. Though the movie is horrible, every time I’m grabbing a DVD, I think of my friend. A lot of good ideas here though.

33 AJ September 22, 2008 at 3:02 pm

myfavz.com could be of interest to you. It is a new startup launched on sept 8th at the techcrunch50 in california. It is a social shopping portal with a unique patent pending feature called pKaboo!
pKaboo! enables gift givers to anonymously find out the recipient’s current interests, hobbies or perfect gift ideas. The giver’s identity is disclosed to the recipient by myfavz on the day of the event, thus maintaning the element of surprise which is so crucial to the ritual of gifting.
Let me know your views on myfavz

AJ
Founder / CEO

34 Ed September 22, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Box idea great. Here’s a place that combines a shaving kit AND a “catch all” box:

35 Calvin September 25, 2008 at 7:16 pm

http://www.personalizedegifts.com has many great groomsmen gifts for sale.

36 Bobber September 27, 2008 at 7:13 am

Long time listener, first time caller. I’ve got a big family and hawaiian t-shirts are a bit of a family tradition. I’ve been to quite a few coterie weddings with nice hawaiians as the gift of choice. My brother-in-law gave us all really nice vintage hawaiians, and I’m guessing they were in the $130-160 range. I know they’re not for everybody, maybe a little tacky, but it’s great apparel for a party animal with style.
Also a friend’s brother did the Louisville Slugger, which received a unanimous “sweeeet” from all the guys afterwards.

37 John Watson September 29, 2008 at 6:09 am

Try this cosy site for classy wedding gifts including groom gifts
You can also read about gift buying strategies for individual needs.

38 John Watson September 29, 2008 at 6:17 am

If you want more specific gifts for boyfriend then you can also try this link

39 dmbadger October 3, 2008 at 3:22 am

How about a nice, classic silver zippo lighter with your groomsmen’s initials engraved on it?

40 Barry October 7, 2008 at 6:16 am

I heartily agree with the idea of giving cool useful stuff instead of just more useless junk to groomsmen. Although I think a fountain pen falls into the impractical category unless the recipient happens to be into those smudgy, leaky, obsolete things. I am a personal fan of the pocket knife idea and a nice traditional Case knife as suggested is a classy choice. However, a more modern and more useful choice would be the (all-metal) Victorinox Cadet model of Swiss Army Knife. Engraved, of course, for a personalized touch. But not with the date of your wedding. As mentioned, a man doesn’t need a reminder of your anniversary date when he is opening a beer bottle, turning a screw or slicing open a bag of fertilizer. Besides, he’ll still be using the knife long after the divorce is finalized. Engrave his last name on the handsome engraving panel. That’s manly. I recommend the Cadet model because it has a useful assortment of sturdy tools, but is not overloaded with too many gizmos. Absolutely slim enough to be a comfortable pocket carry for any occasion. And because it is all metal, it is classy enough to carry in a suit while being durable enough to use in the workshop, the wilderness, and then to pass down a generation.

41 Michelle October 18, 2008 at 5:27 pm

http://www.cellphoneflasks.com has groomsmen gifts for your men at your next wedding that can be engraved for free.

42 ahalm25 October 30, 2008 at 9:58 am

I definitely think manly gifts are important. Groomstand.com has some of the manly groomsmen gifts. you mentioned. They also have a “manly” blog about getting married.

43 Bob Palson November 1, 2008 at 1:10 pm

How about a tub of astroglide. It’s only slightly more gay then anything else on that list. Or a big floppy 10 inch dildo?

44 telly November 5, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Along the same line as the bat, my dad got us groomsmen really nice putters, and his best man a driver. Not everyone may need them, but we certainly all did.

+1 for shaving kit

45 Chuck November 7, 2008 at 8:06 am

I normally can’t stand people who post “you forgot…..” So rather than that, I’ll simply add an idea. When my best friend got married, his groomsmen gifts were individually selected watches, each geared toward that groomsman’s personality. His twin brother got a classic silver wrist watch. His younger brother got a watch more geared towards a 15 year old. His uncle got a classy old-fashion style watch. I got a the style of watch you might see a Hell’s Angel wearing on a special occasion. The fact that he spent the time really picking each watch out made it mean that much more to each of us. The wedding was 3 years ago, and I know his twin, the younger brother, and I still wear our watches every day.

46 Jess December 2, 2008 at 11:36 am

I work in a barbershop and one Groom brought his groomsmen and father in for haircuts, shaves and massages on the day of his wedding. It was a great way to treat his buddies b/c it was different and the memories will last longer than some other cliche gift ideas.

47 Stan Chesnik January 2, 2009 at 8:31 am

I was fortunate to be a groomsmen for one of my college mates who recently tied the knot with his long-time girlfriend. At the wedding I met her sister and it was love at first sight and now we are engaged just months later. Anyway, I was given a personalized or custom bar sign as my groomsmen gift. It was from Groomsmen.com and was a Cigar-themed gift which I was amazed by:
and now I will be giving my best man and groomsmen these same personalized signs as gifts too. Their website is http://www.Groomsmen.com

Good luck everyone – our wedding is set for January 24 2009.

48 Kevster March 3, 2009 at 11:48 am

I gave my groomsmen a really nice, engraved leatherman-style multi-tool. The kind of thing that any man can find a use for, even if he’s not handy, the multitool fills an unassuming niche somewhere between a pocket knife and a small toolbox.
I always keep one in the little storage pocket in my car door, and one in my toolbox, and I’ve needed it on a number of occasions. You should have a well-equipped toolbox, but for those times when you can’t take the toolbox with you, a good multi tool can handle a lot of minor jobs.

The ones I got engraved for my groomsmen were designed to look nice as well as be up to the job(s), but for reference, there’s some pics of the more traditional utilitarian style on wikipedia

49 fred March 15, 2009 at 8:40 am

I bought my guys small branding irons. Its an expensive novelty they probably wouldn’t buy for themselves. I want one myself but can’t justify the expense. You use them when making steak or something sturdy on the grill. (Just so noone gets any weird ideas.)

50 Daniel April 3, 2009 at 10:03 am

This isn’t on the topic of groomsmen’s gifts, but it is a gift for one of my best friends. I was wondering if anyone had a good idea for a college graduation gift that I could get my roommate. I thought about the personalized bat, but I’m not sure because he’s not really into sports other than boxing. Any ideas?

51 Jayne May 21, 2009 at 7:28 am

That fire starter kit is really cool, would make a great gift for a few outdoorsmen I know!

52 monogrammed cufflinks July 1, 2009 at 11:26 pm

Many people say cuff links are in the past, but from my viewpoint, they are 100% way off. Cufflinks definitely will be worn for ages, whether they are worn at weddings, special events or for a simple good time. They really do give a formal egde and whenever I hand over a pair to a loved one, they think it’s the most awesome thing to happen to them since Michael Jackson did the moonwalk.

53 Lew July 15, 2009 at 1:05 pm

As home brewer, I’m brewing 3 different ales form my fellas and out of town guests. On the list is an Oaked-Aged Peated Stout, Pasty Face Pale Ale (my house brew) and since we are taking the plunge in October I thought that it would be fitting to make my Devil Down Below Pumpkin Ale. Brewing is easy, if you can boil water and read a timer you can brew. After I read this post I will most definitely be throwing in a pocket knife. This amalgam of manliness has been a real treat to browse.
Sláinte

54 Pamela Rosen August 5, 2009 at 12:33 pm

This stuff looks like my husband’s closet, he even has exactly that hat. I didn’t realize how manly he was, I thought he was a wimp for a while. Guess I’m wrong, he’ll be glad to know that. LOL

55 library_goon October 27, 2009 at 11:35 am

Yeah, my cousin and her husband gave me a monogrammed executive pocket knife for being in their wedding. It’s really nice – silver plated. I just found it recently and sharpened the blade – thanks to Brett’s instructional video. It’s now on my keyring.

56 Living with Balls October 27, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Thanks for the tips! I’m getting married next year and will have to figure what to buy my groomsman.

57 j.monck December 23, 2009 at 9:06 pm

the firestarter is a great idea, and so is the homebrewed beer. however, i must defend the flask. I use mine mostly during the winter and keep it stocked full of sailor jerry’s rum. and i’m far from an alcoholic. you also never know when you’ll find yourself in a situation where you could use a drink, but there isn’t any to be found. in the long run, it’s not a gift to give a non-drinker, but it is a perfect gift for someone who does. most people don’t appreciate a flask until they’ve owned one. i have two… the first one i bought was under ten dollars, just to see what it was all about. the second was a much nicer engraved one my brother gave me for my 30th birthday, all in all… worth it. if you don’t feel comfortable gifting a flask, i still encourage owning one yourself. My wife thinks its manlier than my pocket watch or hand rolled cigs.

58 Arkanabar T'verrick Ilarsadin December 28, 2009 at 8:06 pm

I’m going to go +1 on the fountain pens. And I’m going to stump particularly for The Pelikan M200 from Richard’s Pens. Richard Binder will not sell a pen if he thinks there is any reason it may come back to him, and he ensures that every fountain pen’s nib is smooth as silk before it ships. He prices the M200 well, and it has a lifetime repair warranty; I’ve sent mine in (to Chartpak, the US distributor) for free repairs on several occasions. He also sells Field Notes.

Be sure to include a bottle of ink: I suggest Pelikan Brilliant Black

59 Ben C. June 4, 2010 at 2:05 am

Some very nice ideas there! Honestly, I didn’t know those things were called Dopp bags. Always called them a kit bag myself, but I like knowing the origin now. Good place to keep smoking supplies as well if you’re into that. Pipes (and even cigars) require sort of a lot of equipment to us and maintain them correctly.

And as for the groomsmens’ gifts specifically… I bet no one out there gave their boy samurai swords!! Not the chincey ones either. I see your pocket knife and raise you a katana!

60 Bret June 23, 2010 at 10:22 am

I think the best bet is to sit down and consider the interests of each groomsman. I have a Best Man who rides a Harley, a groomsman who is a cop, a hunter, a hardcore camper, a techie, and an academic. Trying to find a single gift that they will all use is nigh impossible.

Some great ideas here. I just wish I could give everyone the fire starter kit. The Derringer is an awesome idea, but I don’t have $1K or more to spend on gifts :-)

61 josip Buntic July 18, 2010 at 2:45 pm

If you’re still unclear : corral most weird gift idea, it will always be jumbo choice. These are some cool ideas. Pretty interesting stuff.

62 Cher July 19, 2010 at 4:31 pm

All our groomsmen have different hobbies and interests but they are still close friends. We’ve been looking for ideas that will work for all of them and our top 3 are:
1. Custom caricatures from giveacaricature.com. We can have a caricature done and include all their interests in a funny way.
2. Engraved flasks. Not as original as the caricature idea but all of them drink, that is the one thing they have in common!
3. A share of stock from giveashare. We were thinking WebMD for the doctor, Playboy for a few of them, Microsoft for the techie, Anheuser busch for the drinkers, etc!
Just thought I would share our top ideas. Good luck!

63 KappsLoch November 26, 2012 at 8:57 pm

The best Groomsman gift I’ve received so far was a pocket watch with my initials engraved on it.

64 Brad November 27, 2012 at 1:01 am

I can’t agree more with the Varsity fountain pens! I love writing with fountain pens but as a student carrying around my nice pen is unfeasible. A perfect compromise!

65 Greg Sarpy November 27, 2012 at 11:42 am

I also like the idea of getting your groomsmen a custom print whiskey glass. For example it could have a special message like the groomsman’s initials and the wedding date or the grooms name and the wedding date.

66 Paul D. December 22, 2012 at 11:35 pm

I gave my groomsmen machetes. I gave my best man a Mosin-Nagant. They all seemed to enjoy their gifts.

67 Enya January 14, 2013 at 2:10 pm

These are all really clever ideas but, personally, what guy doesn’t like cigars? I’ve bought cigars from Custom Tobacco because you can personalize the label on it!

68 Charles Brawnyson January 14, 2013 at 6:54 pm

These are all some really sweet gift ideas! I had a pretty good idea for a friend of mine. I was thinking it would be cool to get him a customized bobblehead, but I don’t know where to get one. Anyone know where I can go? Thanks!

69 Mike M. March 27, 2013 at 8:15 am

I got each of my guys a monogrammed soft sided cooler (http://www.americanbridal.com/loden-personalized-cooler-emb036.html) and inside them were a six-pack of their favorite craft beer, a laser engraved Swiss Army Pioneer with their last name (no date), a 5th of Woodford Reserve, and a Gran Habano Corojo #5. Got the knives on Amazon and each gift package ended up being around $100 each when it was all said and done. These were a huge hit and the coolers, which hold a 12-pack and have a bottle opener attached to the shoulder strap, get used all the time!

70 Renee Robinette March 31, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Thanks for the ideas. My boyfriend is one of the groomsmen at his friend’s wedding. He asked me to help him find a suitable gift for his friend. Glad I cam across this blog because I really had no idea what to suggest.

71 Kyle June 28, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I just ordered a custom leatherman tool for my best man from here:

They even shipped to ALASKA for WAY less than what the product costs!! (very rare to not pay more in shipping than the product costs to get it up here)

Go give them some love if your fella’s use a leatherman regularly.

72 Pandu August 3, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Nice article. I always thought the best gifts for a groomsmen are: watch, cufflings, flask, cigar, etc.

Infact I gifted a flask to my buddies (that I bought at dreamflasks.com . My friends loved it. I now have other ideas too. Thanks for the article.

-Pandu

73 Sheldon September 23, 2013 at 6:29 pm

I really appreciate this site and all the great information shared in this blog. I was racking my brain trying to come up with something really unique, personalized and long lasting for groomsmen’s gifts. Something they would actually use. I ran across this website for engraved flasks – http://www.dreamflasks.com.. They have a link to http://www.groomstand posted on their blog. That’s how I found this great website and all these informative blogs. I love that there are so many people sharing such great information. So thought this would be a great place to share their information as well. Check out the many choices available. Who knew there could be so many choices and ways to personalize a gift that could last more than a life time? And it’s actually something my guys will use! And every time they use it they will think of the most special day of my life and how they shared such an important part in my wedding.

74 Michael October 18, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I am thinking of getting named plated half-yard beer glasses with stands.

75 Lee B. December 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I’m turning wood pens and pen cases for my groomsmen, and I may even make them all shaving sets too, we’ll see, I like these guys a lot…but maybe not that much?

76 Chester December 24, 2013 at 12:01 am

I gave my groomsmen hand made Italian rapiers with bone handles and their names engraved in the blade.

77 Mike January 7, 2014 at 2:34 am

I gave my groomsmen a gentlemen’s box from the box bros and co. If your looking for some ideas you might want to check it out. http://www.theboxbros.com