Dads aren’t usually very picky about Father’s Day presents — if you get them something, anything — they’re typically simply tickled pink that someone remembered them at all.
Those low expectations are going work to your advantage this year — because this year, you’re not only going to remember to get your Pops something for Father’s Day, you’re going to come through with something truly fun, useful, and/or unique.
For those looking to not only meet but exceed dear old Dad’s expectations, our friends at Huckberry have curated a selection of can’t-miss items below; for even more ideas, be sure to check out their entire Father’s Day store.
Huckberry is offering FREE shipping through Sunday, June 9 when you use the code “aomfree” at checkout. Be sure to order by then, as it also ensures your gift will arrive before Father’s Day.
1. Japanese Bunka Knife Kit. Hand-forged in Japan with the world’s rarest steel; Dad will never need to buy another kitchen knife. Also versatile enough to handle nearly any cutting or slicing or chopping task with ease.
2. Scott Reinhard Prints. Spruce up a manly office or favorite room with these incredible 2D prints that appear to be 3D topographic maps. Scott salvages vintage maps from across the world and repurposes their original design to include modern style with 21st century printing techniques. Choose from a number of locales.
3. Schmidt Brothers Grill Set. Hardy and stylish grill utensils that add a little class to the art of barbecuing. This four-piece set includes a spatula, fork, tongs, and basting brush, and is made with stainless steel and polished wood.
4. Leatherman Multipurpose Plier. The legendary brand has introduced this new collection of ultimate multitools. With 19(!) different tools and enhanced ergonomics, Dad won’t be leaving home without it.
5. Victory Sportswear Speed Runner. Gear Patrol called this pair of shoes “the perfect athletic shoe.” If that’s not enough to sway you, they feature specialized friction-reducing lining which also keeps your feet cool, a durable Vibram outsole, and resoleable construction — something not often found in an athletic shoe.
6. Fulton & Roark Solid Cologne. With Fulton & Roark’s lineup of solid, nature-infused colognes, Dad will bring a distinctive, but not overpowering, scent wherever he goes.
7. The Dad Hoodie. Easily carry along all of baby’s essentials with this hoodie, no “murse” needed. This thing is lined with polyester mesh fabric with six built-in pockets of varying sizes to accommodate diapers, wipes, pacifiers, bottles, wallet, phone, and anything else you’re packing. Perfect for the new dad.
8. WP Standard Wallet. A minimalist wallet with a refined and timeless look. The full-grain leather will earn a nice patina as it ages, and last damn near forever to boot. Just enough space for a man to bring along what he absolutely needs; no George Constanza wallet here.
9. Rylo 360 Action Camera. A pocket-sized, 5.8k resolution video camera with full 360° filming that’ll change the way Pops captures his (and the family’s) adventures. Perfect for the father who is both outdoorsy and tech-obsessed.
10. Pappy Van Winkle Barrel-Aged Syrup. The folks over at Pappy Van Winkle’s (maker of superb bourbon) tapped Bissell Maple Farm in Ohio for some of their pure, American-made maple syrup to age in retired Pappy bourbon barrels. Yum.