5 Awesome Recipes for the Man’s-Man

by Matt Moore on October 31, 2013 · 44 comments

in Cooking, Food & Drink, Travel & Leisure

I believe every man should know how to cook. That being said, I’m realistic enough to know that many of you are likely to “outsource” cooking to others — be it your wives, moms, roommates, or the chefs and cooks at your local restaurants. So be it.

However, I believe every man should have a recipe (or 5) up their sleeves. That’s where I come in.

I’ve put together an awesome recipe to satisfy almost any manly occasion — be it an appetizer, something to share, a hot lunch, a hearty soup, or dinner for one.

So the next time you get asked to whip something up, or you are looking for a satisfying meal – don’t buy a bunch of cold cuts on a platter or rely on a brown bag of fast food. Check out my creations, and I can promise you’ll stand apart from the pack!

Appetizer: Loaded Guacamole

Loaded Guacamole

Avocados are typically on sale at the market this time of the year, which makes this dip not only delicious, but rather affordable too. I love whipping up a batch of this guacamole to entertain friends for the big game, or store it for use on sandwiches, omelets, or as a simple quick snack throughout the week. Loaded with good fats, this is one dish that’s both delicious and healthy. (Prep 10 mins, Cook N/A, Serves 4)

• 4 ripe Hass avocados
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
  • ¼ red onion, finely diced
  • ¼ cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 lime, juiced

Remove outer layer of avocado and pits; roughly dice avocado and place in mixing bowl. On a cutting board, combine salt and garlic – use the side of a chef’s knife to smash the garlic into a paste, using the salt as an abrasive; add to mixing bowl. Combine remaining ingredients and mash with a fork to combine; do not overly mash, as you want the texture to remain chunky. Serve.

Note – if preparing in advance, cover the top with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent any air from reaching the mixture, otherwise it will turn brown.

To Share: Grilled Wings

Grilled Wings

Every man should master making wings at home. Instead of relying on the deep fryer, follow my fool-proof process to get that crispy skin, and tender, moist chicken without all the trans-fat and calories. Trust me, I’ve perfected this recipe over the years – you’ll forget that these are not fried. Toss in your favorite BBQ or hot sauce, or serve plain. (Prep 10 mins, Cook 2.5 hrs, Serves 10)

• 3 lbs chicken wings, separated into drumettes and flats, tips removed
  • Kosher salt
  • Fresh cracked pepper
  • BBQ or hot sauce, if desired

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Arrange wings onto a rimmed baking sheet into a single layer; season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Put wings into the oven and roast, uncovered, for 2 hours. Remove from oven and prepare grill. Setup a grill for indirect heat (turn on one side to high, and the other to very low). Place wings over indirect (low) heat and grill, turning often, for 30 minutes. Skin should be crisp and slightly charred. Toss in sauce, if desired, and serve warm.

Lunch: Hot Chicken Sandwich

Hot Chicken Sandwich

A play on my favorite college sandwich from Sons of Italy in Athens, GA. Though the restaurant no longer exists, I’ve brought their famous “Jimbo” sandwich back to life. In my opinion, this is the best sandwich in the world. For other awesome sandwiches, check out the free AoM sandwich e-book. (Prep 5 mins, Cook 15 mins, Serves 1)

• 1 sub roll, sliced
  • 2 large frozen chicken tenders
  • 2 tablespoons hot wing sauce
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • Blue cheese dressing, for dipping

Prepare chicken tenders according to product instructions (oven or fried). While hot, toss in wing sauce and add to the sliced sub roll. Top the remaining sub roll (cut side) with mozzarella cheese. Add sandwich to an oven heated to 500 degrees F until the edges are browned and the cheese is melted. Serve with blue cheese dressing.

Soup: Taco Soup

Taco Soup

I’m a big fan of making chili throughout the fall, which is why I love this simple remake of a classic. On Sundays, I make up a batch of this for a quick snack throughout the week – as it keeps for several days in the fridge. Just pull out what you need and heat it up. Simple, affordable, and tons of flavor! (Prep 5 mins, Cook 35 mins, Serves 8)

• 2 lbs ground chuck
  • 1 package original taco seasoning mix
  • 1.5 cups beef stock
  • 1 (4oz) can diced green chiles
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can mild chili beans
  • 1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing mix
  • Shredded cheese (topping)

In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain excess fat, add taco seasoning. Add the remaining ingredients – except for the cheese, and cook at a simmer over medium-low heat for 30 minutes. Serve.

Dinner: Filet Mignon + Baked Potato

Grilled Filet + Baked Potato

Eat like a man – a wealthy man – on a pauper’s budget. That’s my philosophy with this meal. Most of us end up having to eat alone every now and then, so I like to treat myself on such occasions with a tender beef filet and baked potato. Keep an eye out for when your grocery store has beef tenderloin on sale – often they run them as cheap as $10 bucks a pound, which for a half-pound portion equates to $5 bucks. Throw in a cheap baked potato with some toppings, and you are eating like a king at Subway prices. That should motivate you to get in the kitchen! (Prep 5 mins, Cook 45 mins, Serves 1)

• 1 large Russet baking potato
  • 1 8 oz. filet mignon
  • Kosher salt
  • Fresh cracked pepper
  • Butter (potato topping)
  • Sour cream (potato topping)
  • Chives (potato topping)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Poke potato a few times with a fork and put in oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender. (Note – you can also “bake” the potato in the microwave if preferred. Poke the potato with a fork and cook on high for 5 minutes, turn over, and microwave for another 4-5 minutes).

Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan over direct heat. Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat for two minutes, turn the steak 45 degrees to create nice grill marks, and grill for another 90 seconds. Flip steak, move to indirect heat, and grill for 4-6 minutes, depending on the thickness, for medium-rare – an internal read thermometer should read 130 degrees F. Cook for a few minutes longer if you desire a medium consistency. Remove steak from grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Slice potato lengthwise and add desired toppings; season with salt and pepper. Serve.

1 paul October 31, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Ive found that pizza is the easiest thing to make and yields the highest crowd pleasing results. Also you can integrate family or a date into helping make it .

2 Tsvetelin Stoimenov October 31, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I wish to stress how important it is to prick the potatoes a few times before putting them in the over, or they might EXPLODE with hilarious consequences. That makes a good joke though – swap someone else’s jacket potatoes with unpricked ones.

3 Matt October 31, 2013 at 8:31 pm

This is a great start! I would encourage any man to move from these great recipes into learning the basics of cooking like a chef. Learn a few basic techniques for applying heat to meat and veggies – braising, roasting, grilling, pan-frying, poaching, etc. – and a fella can literally cook anything. I’d start with something like James Peterson’s “Cooking” or Jacque Pepin’s “New Complete Techniques.” Those are the ones that got me to put down the microwave popcorn and drive thru dinners. I would even recommend Tim Ferris’ 4 Hour Cook Book and Space Shuttle Repair or whatever he’s calling his latest joint.

Not everybody likes to cook. But for me, cookbooks are like Chilton’s manuals for making my wife give me the “hey big guy” eyes. Replace the brakes on her car, chop up some logs for the woodstove, and make her a fancy dinner and clean up afterwards just one time and you’ll be covered in backrubs for the next year.

4 Ed Bear October 31, 2013 at 8:55 pm

@Tsvetelin. Perhaps, but fooling someone into cooking unpricked potatoes is not the sign of a manly man.

5 Preston October 31, 2013 at 9:07 pm

I love that you give a recipe for the Jimbo from Son’s of Italy, I used to love that place when I was a student at UGA, broke my heart when I heard it had closed.

6 Adam King October 31, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Guacamole without Jalapenos??? For shame…

7 Colin j October 31, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Thanks, that looks like a great guacamole recipe. My dad has mastered this dip, maybe I’ll try to surprise him with this.

8 Brendan November 1, 2013 at 12:03 am

That taco soup looks amazing Matt!

For those interested in more ‘manly food’ check out the blog I just started http://www.blokefood.com

9 Andreas Mohr November 1, 2013 at 2:16 am

Watch out for seasoning mixes. They often contain artificial flavour enhancers such as MSG. Buy the spices whole and make your own unique mix. Also add bitterness to chilies. Beer, coffee or 70% chocolate are great ways to add this often forgotten flavour.

10 Nash November 1, 2013 at 3:48 am

No cumin either? My secret ingredient for guacamole is a drop of tequila. It also tastes manlier if you fix it with just your pocket knife…

11 Manderson November 1, 2013 at 7:15 am

On the wings, this seems ENTIRELY too long to cook them, even at low temps. Typo??

12 Stuart November 1, 2013 at 8:02 am

Andreas Mohr – There is nothing artificial about MSG, it is very much found in nature. I can’t believe despite all the studies that in 2013 people still believe the myth from the 70′s that MSG is bad for you.

13 Matt Moore November 1, 2013 at 9:31 am

@Nash @Adam – both jalapeno and cumin make for good additions – along with a slew of other ingredients that folks might like to add to their guacamole. Truth be told, I like to keep things simple – the best guacamole I ever had was on a beach in Mexico – just avocado and lime juice – nothing else.

@Manderson – not a typo on the wings. Trust me, this recipe has been tested over 50 times. Roasting the wings at a low temp cooks the meat through, while still leaving them moist and breaking down the exterior skin. Grilling, over indirect heat, as described creates that perfect, crispy skin that we all love from fried wings.

14 Sebastian November 1, 2013 at 9:48 am

I love your receipes, but it seems, that you consider only food that contains meat to be manly. I would really like to see at least one or two vegetarian alternatives in your articles (The guacamole is an appetizer, but what about a real dish?). Or how about an article about manly vegetarian food?

15 Roy November 1, 2013 at 10:13 am

I’m going to try that guacamole recipe, it’s a little different than mine, but might be a nice variation. One great thing about guacamole is that you can adjust the recipe to your own taste (e.g., add some heat, vary the amount of garlic or type of citrus, etc.).

I also want to try your wing method. Sounds like a long time to cook them, but wings (along with thighs) hold up well with long cooking times and don’t dry out as much as breasts would. So this method has me curious and interested!

The other recipes are a pretty good start, but once you get comfortable in the unfamiliar territory of the kitchen it’s better – and, I dare say, manlier – to move beyond recipes that involve seasoning mix packets or frozen breaded chicken tenders.

I don’t mean anything negative in saying that; I say it because you’ll taste the difference if you learn how to bread, prepare and cook fresh chicken instead of buying it frozen, for one example.

Also, when you create your own blends of seasoning, you’ll quickly learn which specific ones give you certain flavors – the flavors that make some of your favorite dishes so good. And you’ll have enough knowledge to experiment with those flavors and create some amazing combinations. Recently I blended some spices that I thought would work well together for some chicken. I had never seen a recipe with that mix, but it sounded good, so I tried it. I served the result to my wife’s uncle, who grew up in Indonesia, and he was amazed – not because it happened to taste great, but because he thought I had gone out of my way to make the traditional Indonesian chicken he grew up with! That wasn’t my intention, but was kind of cool.

One other thing I’d suggest: go with a ribeye instead of a filet for the steak recipe. I prefer it bone-in. It’s juicier and more flavorful IMHO. But DO follow the prep advice here – no need to get fancy with spices, a good steak seasoned with kosher salt and black pepper stands on its own!

16 4 loko November 1, 2013 at 11:42 am

the most important thing is to learn the temperature of your grill/pan/oven. some bbq’s cook very hot with just a few coals, some not at all. same with ovens, 350 degrees is not the same in every oven. it takes trial and error, but pay attention, learn and your meats will come out great.

17 Eric Andrew Dodson November 1, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I conccur with Sebastian. I think the recipes all look delicious, but it would be nice to have some, manly, hearty suggestions for those of us who abstain from meat.

18 Bucolic Buffalo November 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I think that a proper guacamole dip needs jalapeno and some lime juice. Does anyone have cool recipes for pulled pork and corn bread?

19 Dan November 1, 2013 at 2:06 pm

That is the de facto Guacamole recipe. However, I highly, HIGHLY suggest you try adding one extra ingredient:

Mango.

Just try it once. Cut up a single mango per 2 avocadoes into slightly smaller than bite size pieces, and mix into the guacamole. The contrast between the sweet and salty is amazing.

20 Will November 1, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Nice article. These are good basic recipes for a young man, to help him get over his fear of cooking.

But seriously, folks: Are these the kind of foods that are going to impress a date? The guys will certainly appreciate them when they come over to your apartment to watch football. When a lady friend comes over for a visit, however, you will make a big splash by cooking her a proper dinner.

Roasting a chicken is easy, as is cooking rice/baked potato. There are lots of other recipes/techniques out there.

So I’d say, good for you, Matt! Great starting point. And for you guys who don’t know anything about cooking beyond phoning the Chinese delivery place, give these a try. But then branch out.

21 David November 1, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Way to go Matt, Snake River is good brew!

22 tony November 1, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Manly = meat. Lotsa meat!
I can’t wait to make the chicken wings.
Nice post. Nice comments.

23 Brett McKay November 2, 2013 at 1:08 am

In fairness to Matt, I just want to point out to those who’ve said that these recipes are a good start but that you should really branch out into more sophisticated, made from scratch stuff, that would Matt would completely agree. If you’re a longtime reader of this site, you know that Matt has shared plenty of those types of recipes in his articles (including how to roast a chicken and how to cook for a date). With this piece, he wanted to do something different and share some simpler recipes for the kind of guy who isn’t so sure about cooking yet, and maybe won’t ever be super into it, but would like to be able to make some tasty things for himself and others. I think there’s definitely a time and place for that. And judging by the fact this is far and away his most popular article for us, there are a lot of guys out there who are still dipping their toes in the kitchen and appreciate this kind of approach.

24 Cowboyup November 2, 2013 at 4:28 am

22 min thick cut ribeye steak and baker potato.
(Requires bbq and cast iron grill)
Heat ¼ stick of butter in the microwave
Drop washed, dried, and poked baker in a ziplock bag then pour the butter in with it. Then roll it around in the bag for a little bit until it’s covered well then take it out and salt/pepper/garlic/cayenne the outside. Place the baker in the microwave on high for approx. 8-10 mins.
While the potato is in the microwave put the cast iron grill in the bbq and start the bbq, you’re going for right around 400 degrees.
With the rest of the time while the potato is cooking prep the steak.
I prefer a thick prime cut bone-in ribeye, as if there is any other kind. Sprinkle either sea salt or Kosher salt on both sides along with course grind pepper. Stab the steak all over on both sides with a fork and slightly twist. Then add two thin shavings of butter to the top of one side.
By this time the potato should be done so take it out and drop it right on top of the cast iron grill in the corner then put the steak on and close the lid.
Flip the steak and potato in 5-6 mins then once again in 5-6 mins and you’re done.
Pair that beautiful steak and potato with an ice cold Newcastle brown ale and you’ll have one of the best meals you’ve ever eaten.

25 Fred Weldon November 2, 2013 at 2:36 pm

About the cilantro: Some people can’t eat it, it’s actually genetic, makes cilantro taste like soap.
Here’s a tip to get avocados to ripen faster, put them in a paper bag with a banana.

26 chris November 2, 2013 at 3:49 pm

I love Guacamole, but more and more people insist on dumping cilantro in it.

And it’s not just a rare genetic issue… some people just can’t stand it – doesn’t mean there must be something wrong with them.

27 P.M.Lawrence November 2, 2013 at 5:58 pm

It looks as though you don’t have any recipes that simply bring out delicate flavours. These recipes are all more or less spicy, which drowns out anything like that. At least the garlic one doesn’t produce painful mouth feel (yes, I know, getting used to spices clears that up – but that “blame the customer” approach also makes it impossible to appreciate delicate flavours in their own right and leaves people finding them bland).

28 jsallison November 2, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Alton Brown’s Good Eats series features many straight forward, approachable techniques and recipes. Explains some of the science behind the process, giving you the tools to hang a hard left and go off the res.

29 jsallison November 2, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Cooked up a tasty ribeye in a Marriot Residence Inn in Fresno following his techniques. Who knew you had to disconnect all three smoke detectors in the room to get the f’n alarm to stfu? ;) Shared it with the cutey on the night desk in recompense for being that night’s PITA guest.

30 Kevin in MA November 3, 2013 at 12:39 pm

These are great ideas and simple recipes, Matt! A couple of suggestions to bring some of them up a notch, too:
1) For homemade guac, buy a can of fire-roasted tomatoes, drain them well, and add them instead of a fresh tomato–the depth of flavor they add is incredible. Also, save the pit of the avocado and put it in the bowl with the guac–it keeps the mixture from turning brown.

2) To make chili even heartier, fix some white or brown rice to pour the chili over–it also means more bang for your buck. I always like to add a scoop of sour cream in, too.

3) Instead of a baked potato (if you’re watching your carbs), it’s really easy to grill fresh vegetables like corn, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, etc. You can chop the vegetables (not corn on the cob, obviously) into big, bite-sized pieces, toss them with some olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder, and then either wrap them tightly in foil and throw them on the grill for a bit, or lay them out on a pan lined w/foil and sprayed with cooking spray, and throw them in a pre-heated 450-500 degree oven for 30 minutes or so. A little bit of browning of the veggies is really tasty, so don’t worry if they get a bit burnt.

31 Stephen November 3, 2013 at 8:36 pm

My wife and kid are out of town while she completes a fellowship. I’ve been looking for something like this to keep me busy after football season. Once I start cooking these I’ll let y’all know what happened.

32 Scott W. November 4, 2013 at 8:55 am

It would be really handy if the recipes were linkable to a separate printable page. I especially would like to easily print out that Taco Soup recipe.

33 Ethan November 4, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Matt,

I was wondering if you would do a piece on preparing dry beans for chili, soups, etc… Recently bought some bulk dry goods and would love to know some great ways to prepare them. From what I understand you can impart some of your own flavor on the beans during soaking? I am unsure about the whole process though. Thanks!

34 andarb November 4, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I recently tried a sort of ‘sous vide’ approach to making pinto beans. The package calls for soaking then boiling, but I found that gently cooking them at about 190F was plenty, no need to boil them at all. Buttery soft after a couple hours and no splattery mess. They’re in the makings of a slightly more homemade taco soup for tonight. :)

35 Chris Meehan November 5, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Great recipes. I look forward to trying them all!

36 Danzo November 5, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I’m partial to potroasts and variations of such…brown the meat, throw in carrots potatos, onions, celery..and simmer.
maybe some olives and garlic cloves….Seasoned to your liking and presto…for a twist add some tomato juice.

37 minuteman November 7, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Learn to make your own bread. It’s really not that hard and the results will amaze you. Last summer I found a ditch full of wind seeded grain. I watched it every day as it ripened, and when it was ripe I took my two (8 and 10 yo) boys out and we harvested it with scissors and pocket knives. We sun dried it, threshed it in a pillow case with a broom handle, winnowed it over a tarp, ground it in my electric grain mill and had home made ditch wheat bread (turns out the grain was actually rye and it took a bit of experimenting to get a good loaf.) We had a lot of run and my kids learned where their bread actually comes from.

That is what I like to call extreme baking. You don’t have to get that carried away. When you learn the basics though, you can easily make pretzels, bagels, baguettes and more exotic things.

38 Trevor Lee November 11, 2013 at 6:56 am

My favorite is good ole mac’n'cheese.

From scratch of course…

2 cups macaroni
1cup milk
2tbsp butter
2tbsp flour
4oz (or so) grated or cubed sharp cheddar (or your cheese of choice).
salt/pepper season as desired (I use neither)

boil up the macaroni,

in another pot make a roux with the flour and butter, then add milk slowly until it starts to thicken, then add the cheese.

right around the time your cheese sauce is ready, the macaroni will be cooked. Drain and mix together with the cheese sauce.

eat!

Honestly, the boxed takes about 6-8mins from box to bowl. This takes about 10mins. I won’t ever eat the boxed stuff again…even the really good organic brands.

Of course, you can also bake this, add bacon (or other meats), and sometimes I like to bake it with a breadcrumb topping for about 30mins.

A recipe you have quickly and simply, or you can get creative with it too!

39 Anthony November 14, 2013 at 7:36 am

@Trever Lee
I agree with the Mac and Cheese. But a good white sauce comes in handy for a lot of dishes. Add some chopped onion (I prefer to caramalize them first) and favorite herbs for a sauce for corned beef. Throw in some tuna (I usually used canned because it’s easier, or sometimes salmon depending on how I feel) and pour over pasta. Throw in cheese for lasanga. Be creative and try it out.

Speaking of sauces, mix some yellow mustard, mayonnaise and pickle relish, throw in some white vinegar, some oinion powder, garlic powder and some paprika and you got yourself the makings of a Big Mac special sauce.

As for meals, I like making a mixed up stew. Grab a pot of water and throw in some meat (whatever kind, suit yourself) and then go wild. Carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, herbs, just find some vegetables and throw it in. Wash them first and get rid of any dirt or miscellaneous debris, don’t want to be eating that. Experiment, explore, discover. The kitchen is a new domain that must be conqured, cooking a survival skill that must be mastered.

40 David Mc November 14, 2013 at 10:59 am

If you want to kick up the guac, add some roasted corn to the mix. Don’t have a grill? Toss it in the broiler on high and turn every couple minutes. Adds nice texture and flavor to any homemade guac.

41 Tom November 16, 2013 at 8:04 am

Thanks for posting these recipes. I made the wings last week. Not only were they very cheap and easy to make – they tasted fantastic. For anyone considering this wing recipe, here are a couple comments:
– Either line your baking sheet with foil or use a disposable pan. Cleaning the baking sheet at the end was quite a hassle and was the last thing I wanted to do after eating a big plate of wings.
– The recipe says to be generous with salt & pepper, but I think I was a little TOO generous. Use a reasonable amount of both.
– I found a very good, very simple recipe for homemade wing sauce. The man who posted it on AllRecipes.com calls himself Chef John. He claims it is the recipe from the original wing night at Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY. I cannot validate, but numerous commentators have in the comments section. I will exclusively use this recipe for wing sauce for the rest of my life. It is the quintessential wing sauce and could not be easier to make. Perfect level of heat for the average wing consumer. I noticed a hint of “kick” and my wife was also able to share a plate with me and wasn’t overwhelmed by spice. The recipe says salt to taste but I didn’t use any and I don’t recommend adding any – it’s perfect as is. Here’s a link to the sauce recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buffalo-chicken-wing-sauce/

Happy cooking!

42 DTM November 17, 2013 at 4:58 am

AND, For wings, Franks is the quicky go to, DO NOT butter it down, just use more or less depending on flavor.

43 Peter J. Kremer November 25, 2013 at 3:18 pm

The most important recipe to know is that of burritos, and if you’re using a seasoning packet, you’re already doing it wrong.

3-4 Fresno Peppers
3-4 Serrano Chilis
1 Large Sweet Onion
5~ Cloves of Garlic
1lb. Ground Turkey
Tortillas
30~oz. Refried Beans (two small cans, one big one, or the massive time investment of making your own)
Shredded Cheese
Salsa (Whichever’s your favorite)
Hot Sauce
Ground Cumin
Paprika
Garlic Powder
Cayenne Pepper
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Your Favorite Beverage

To start, pour yourself your favorite drink. Now, chop and saute your onion, garlic, and chiles. Add turkey. Break up turkey, then immediately hit it with a hearty dose (IE, an even covering) of ground cumin, garlic powder, and paprika, followed by a half dose of cayenne and red pepper flakes. Start your beans. Cook turkey until “browned.” Heat your tortillas. Finish your drink, pour another while you wait for your tortillas. Assemble your burritos. Enjoy delicious burritos.

(Disclaimer: No idea how burritos are done in Mexico. This is just the “Mexican-inspired Bachelor Food”-version that I’ve honed over the years. I’ve had enough people I didn’t know walk into the apartment/dorm/ex’s apartment and ask what that heavenly smell was, though, that I’m pretty confident in it.)

44 volamor February 12, 2014 at 7:18 am

I second that motion for more vegetarian options. But not because I adhere to vegetarianism because at least where I live meat is expensive, yo. Far more so than vegetables anyway. Hence, I’d love for you to post some delicious (and thus – in my case – inexpensive) dishes that make do without any meat or fish.