If reading this in an email, click the title of the post to listen to the show.
- The deep connection between mental health and physical movement
- How exercise can fight loneliness
- What is the runner’s high?
- Why does our brain reward us for exercise?
- Why movement fosters connection with others
- What happens when regular exercisers aren’t able to do it as regularly
- How exercise makes every pleasurable experience more potent
- The unique nature of ultra-runners
- The collective joy of exercising in groups
- What is “we agency”?
- Why you shouldn’t necessarily start small when it comes to exercise
- What makes for the perfect workout pump-up song
- Embracing cheesiness
- The secret supercharger for your workouts
Resources/People/Articles Mentioned in Podcast
- How to Best Harness Your Willpower (my first interview with Kelly)
- Making Exercise a Sustainable Habit
- The 10 Best Ways to Make Exercise an Unbreakable Habit
- How Bad Do You Want It?
- Endocannabinoid system
- Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith
- Research-Backed Answers to Your Fitness FAQs
- Which Fitness Program is Right for You?
- How to Instill a Love of Fitness in Your Kids
- The Lost Pleasures of Group Singing
- Keeping Together in Time
- All Blacks Haka
- 52 Best Workout Songs
- Bodyweight Fundamentals: The Handstand
- How Boxing Can Fight Parkinson’s Disease
- The New Frontier of Flow
Connect With Kelly
Listen to the Podcast! (And don’t forget to leave us a review!)
Listen ad-free on Stitcher Premium; get a free month when you use code “manliness” at checkout.
Read the Transcript