- Hold the flag waist-high with a partner; the flag should be parallel with the ground.
- Bring the upper and lower halves of the flag together, folding it lengthwise in half.
- Fold the flag lengthwise again, bringing the lower half up to the top. The field of stars should be visible on the left side.
- Bring the striped corner of the folded edge up to meet the the top edge of the flag, making a small triangle. Fold the triangle over itself, making the triangle point inward. Continue triangular folding.
- The triangular folding continues until the entire length of the flag is folded. When the flag is completely folded, only a triangular blue field of stars should be visible. Tuck the remaining rectangle into the triangle’s folds.
Like this illustrated guide? Then you’re going to love our book The Illustrated Art of Manliness! Pick up a copy on Amazon.
Illustration by Ted Slampyak