Unlike your average sticker, bumper stickers and car decals are made to last. They stand up to high winds, rain, snow, road chemicals, sun damage, and other harsh conditions to stay stuck to your favorite ride. Whether you have unwanted dealership advertising decals or the leftover political stickers of a previous owner, you can remove them from your car using a few simple household items and a little bit of patience.
- Wash and dry the decal area thoroughly to remove excess dirt and debris.
- Use a heat gun or blow dryer to warm the decal.
- Lift up the edge of the decal using a credit card or thin plastic spatula.
- Peel the decal off the car slowly, using one smooth motion to avoid tearing it.
- Apply an adhesive remover or glass cleaner to clean and remove any leftover residue.
- Clean and polish the area, applying your favorite car wax to help protect the paint.