In today’s episode I talk to Mark Frauenfelder, editor-in-chief of Make Magazine, co-founder of Boing Boing, and author of the book Made by Hand: Searching for Meaning in a Throwaway World. We discuss his experience developing a DIY ethos and becoming more self-sufficient.
- How shucking coconuts on a remote island in the South Pacific led to his DIY passion
- How making things with your hands brings meaning to your life
- What keeps most folks from fixing and building things themselves
- How mistakes lead to success
- How becoming more “handy” can improve other parts of your life
- And much more!