“Know Your Lifts” is a new illustrated guide series where we’ll show how to perform basic weight lifting exercises. While wearing an oldtime strongman single-strap leotard, naturally.
Thanks to Barry Schroeder of CrossFit Sandstorm for consulting on this post.
- Look forward, head in-line with torso.
- Keep chest up.
- Bar positioned below the bone at the top of your shoulder-blades and on your back muscles.
- Narrow grip
- Tighten the upper back and bring shoulder blades together.
- Feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep shoulders over hips.
- Bend until thighs are past parallel to floor.
- Knees track inline with toes.
- Push bull back.
- Push knees out.
- Keep weight on heels.
- Toes should point straight ahead or slightly out.
- Drive up from hips.
- Squeeze glutes as you reach the top and lock out the weight.
Like this illustrated guide? Buy the poster!