1. Do you accept article submissions?
We are not currently accepting submissions for guest articles.
2. I have a new blog/podcast and need some advice on getting traffic and making money on it. Can you give me some advice?
We unfortunately don’t have time to personally give advice on blogging or podcasting, and even if we did have time, our advice wouldn’t be very useful to you. AoM started in 2008, a time when the online landscape was significantly different than it is now. So how we personally found success wouldn’t be relevant to someone starting out now. We recommend checking out the many helpful sites out there that are wholly dedicated to helping would-be bloggers and podcasters get started.
3. Will you do a review of my product/book?
We do not do product or book reviews on the site. If you send us a book, and it looks interesting, we may contact you to set up a podcast interview. Otherwise, you will not receive a reply.
4. Is there a sister site to the Art of Manliness for women?
There does not currently exist a sister site to the Art of Manliness that’s aimed at women, and we are too busy with AoM alone to start one.
5. If you don’t have the time to start a sister site yourselves, would you like to partner with me in starting one?
If the site were connected to AoM in any way, we’d like to have some oversight on it, and even here we just don’t have the time or bandwidth to keep tabs on another project.
Of course, there’s nothing stopping you from starting an Art of Womanliness-esque site on your own that’s not connected to AoM. If you do so, we wish you the best of luck in the endeavor!
6. Would you be interested in starting an Art of Manliness edition in [insert language other than English] or that’s geared towards a specific country?
This is not something we’re interested in pursuing.
7. Is this a Christian blog?
Although the Art of Manliness encourages men to live moral, ethical, and virtuous lives, AoM is not a Christian blog. Christianity and religion in general do not have a monopoly on morality or virtuous living. There is a void on the internet for websites that talk about having principles but do so in a secular manner. The Art of Manliness hopes to fill that void and welcomes readers of any creed or faith, or of no faith at all.
8. I have a specific style/dressing question. Can you help me with it?
We unfortunately don’t have time to answer specific style/dressing questions that you may have. We highly recommend going through all of our dressing and grooming articles as well as visiting Real Men Real Style content.
9. Can I interview Brett for a podcast/blog post/etc?
Brett is not currently doing interviews.
10. Does Brett do speaking engagements?
11. Have you written about “X”?
Before you ask us that, please run a search on our site. We’ve published over 4,000 articles in the past 14 years. Chances are we’ve written about it.
12. Can I use your content in my class curriculum/PowerPoint presentation?
Sure! We’re glad you find our content useful.
13. Can I start a club called “The Art of Manliness” or “The Strenuous Life”?
“The Art of Manliness” and “The Strenuous Life” are trademarked and you cannot use them for your own clubs/organizations for legal reasons (we won’t know what you’ll get up to with those clubs, and thus cannot offer an implicit endorsement of said clubs via the use of these names). But if you want to structure your club/organization of a different name around our content, feel free to do so.
14. I have a very specific personal question that I’d like to ask for your advice on. Can you please help me?
Should I take this job? Should I go to college? How do I save my marriage? How can I help my kid with this very unique issue? How do I overcome my anxiety? How do I get better at dating? How can I get my life together?
While these types of questions are understandably difficult, and while we understand and sympathize with your conundrum, we unfortunately don’t have time to offer advice on such complex queries. And even if we did, it wouldn’t be that useful; the answers to those types of questions are highly dependent on all the little nuances of your personal situation and personality, and that’s something that we as strangers cannot assess from afar.
We’ve probably already offered our best general advice in one of our articles though. Search for the topic you’re thinking through, and hopefully you’ll dig up something that will at least point you in the right direction.