- Why Tom likes using the word “excellence” in regards to business
- The real threat to American jobs here in the 21st century
- Why Apple products actually succeeded (despite never appearing on time)
- Why execution matters more than strategy, planning, and philosophy
- Hotelier Conrad Hilton’s secret to success
- How can managers establish a culture of excellence?
- Why “soft” human skills are so important
- Brett’s criteria for hiring contractors and vendors
- Tom’s most important criteria for leaders
- The art of managing by wandering around
- The “14 = 14” idea
- How managers can truly make a difference in the lives of their employees
Resources/People/Articles Mentioned in Podcast
- Tom’s book In Search of Excellence
- “Managing Our Way to Economic Decline”
- Jack Welch
- Larry Bossidy
- Meditations on the Wisdom of Action
- Never Walk By a Mistake
- The Score Takes Care of Itself by Bill Walsh
- The surprising thing Google learned about its top employees
- The Art of Thank You Note Writing
- Robert Altman Oscar acceptance speech
Connect With Tom
Listen to the Podcast! (And don’t forget to leave us a review!)
Saxx Underwear. Everything you didn’t know you needed in a pair of underwear. Get $5 off plus FREE shipping on your first purchase when you use the code “AOM” at checkout.
Starbucks Doubleshot. The refrigerated, energy coffee drink to get you from point A to point done. Available in six delicious flavors. Find it at your local convenience store.
Recorded with ClearCast.io.
Read the Transcript