Editor’s Note: We’re switching podcast hosts from Podbean to SoundCloud. If you’ve subscribed to our podcast with our Podbean RSS, you’ll want to update your player to our new podcast RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/artofmanlinesspodcast. If you’ve subscribed to our podcast through iTunes or Stitcher you shouldn’t have to make any updates. If you run into any problems, please let me know in the comments. One benefit of switching over to SoundCloud (besides reliability) is that you can listen to all our episodes going back to the very first one. Check it out!
In today’s episode I talk to Charlie Hoehn, author of Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety. Charlie and I talk about his mental and emotional burnout from work and how rediscovering the joys of play helped him recover. I’m sure many of you listening will relate to Charlie’s story. I know I did. Putting into practice what Charlie advocates has definitely helped me.
- How Charlie worked himself to a mental, physical, and emotional breakdown
- How Charlie tried just about everything to overcome his burnout and how none of it worked
- How a simple game of catch changed everything for him
- Why your “anchors” are probably keeping you in a mental and emotional rut
- Why you need to reconnect with your kid-self
- And much more!