Walk Like a Ninja
1. You’ll be tempted to hold your breath as you creep around. Don’t. It will lead to loud and harsh exhales. Breathe slowly and calmly through the nose.
2. As you vigilantly scan your surroundings, be sure to watch where you step. Watch for sticks, pine cones, and crunchy leaves outdoors, and toys, shoes, and table corners indoors.
3. Lower body for better balance and keep legs shoulder-width apart. Extend arms at waist level. Don’t move your waist at all, just your legs.
4. Start moving by balancing all your weight on your right leg. Move left foot forward, placing it lightly on the surface.
5. Put your left heel down lightly. Slowly shift your body weight towards the ball of the left foot by bending your left knee and slowly leaning forward.
6. With your body weight supported by the ball of your left foot, slowly advance your right foot forward as you did in the last step. Repeat until you reach your target.
With Halloween just around the corner, there’s no better time to learn how to walk silently through the night like a ninja. It’s an incredibly useful skill, allowing you not only to stealthily assassinate your archenemy, but also steal cookies from coworkers, check to see if toddlers are still sleeping without waking them, or sneak across your creaky wood floors to scare the bejeezus out of your roommate.