Got a job interview coming up and are wondering how to dress? Here are some general guidelines to follow at a glance.
How to dress for a job interview
Formal business interview attire
- Hair recently cut.
- Solid conservatively patterned tie. No bright or flashy colors.
- White or blue solid shirt.
- If you rock a pocket square, only use the square fold.
- 2-3 buttons.
- Dark single-breasted suit.
- Jacket sleeve should not extend past knuckles.
- 1/2″ shirt cuff exposed.
- Cuffed best for tall men; uncuffed for short.
- Plain or capped oxford shoes, rounded toe, and closed lacing.
- Shoes polished.
Casual job interview attire
- Pattened shirts acceptable.
- Face cleanly shaven or beard neatly trimmed.
- Tie coordinates with shirt’s pattern.
- Sports jacket.
- Simple leather case or portfolio.
- Flat front khakis (grey flannel or dark denim may work at some companies).
- Nails trimmed.
- Socks match color of pants.
- Dress boots or leather slip-on shoes.