Finding Your Calling Part III: Why Pursue a Vocation?

by Brett & Kate McKay on June 6, 2010 · 35 comments

in Money & Career

This is Part III of a series about finding one’s vocation. See here for Part I and Part II.

Why should a man pursue a vocation? Is it really a worthwhile endeavor? Shouldn’t a man be satisfied to work any job that supports his family and allows him to earn a living? Is striving to find your vocation a selfish pursuit?

Today, I will set out to answer those questions and make a case for why the pursuit of one’s vocation should be absolutely paramount in every man’s life. In doing so, I will really be arguing for a broader philosophy of life, of which vocation is one vital part.

Self-Actualization and the Purpose of Life

What is the purpose of life? It is a question as old as time and one that has been answered in too many ways to list. I would like to suggest one answer that I strongly subscribe to.

I believe that one of the greatest purposes of this life is to grow and develop to the greatest extent possible, to be tested, to stretch your capabilities to the limit, to maximize all of your potential, in short, and please excuse the cliched phrase, to become all that you can be.

This quest to become “godlike” can fit within and complement most faiths. For the Christian it is a recognition of the divine potential of each individual. C.S Lewis said:

“It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship…There are no ‘ordinary’ people. You have never talked to a mere mortal.”

For the atheist, endeavoring to explore and expand their capacities can become the overarching purpose of life. Friedrich Nietzsche said, “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.”

In an age of anomie, living to become all that we can is an incredibly powerful why for every man.

Famous psychologist Abraham Maslow called this maximizing of our potential “self-actualization,” the process by which people could attain “full humaness.” “What a man can be, he must be,” he said. Maslow’s writings on this subject are incredibly insightful and as I cannot hope to improve upon them, I shall quote from the good doctor extensively here.

Maslow argued that:

“In practically every human being…there is an active will toward health, an impulse toward growth, or toward the actualization of human potentialities. But at once we are confronted with the very saddening realization that so few people make it…even in a society like ours which is relatively one of the most fortunate on the face of the earth. This is our great paradox….This is our new way of approaching the problem of humanness, ie. with an appreciation of its highest possibilities and simultaneously a deep disappointment that these possibilities are so infrequently realized. This attitude contrasts with the “realistic” acceptance of whatever happens to be the case, and then regrading that as the norm…We tend to get into the situation in which…this normalcy or averageness is the best we can expect, and that therefore we should be content with it. From the point of view that I have outlined, normalcy would be rather the kind of sickness or crippling or stunting that we share with everybody else and therefore don’t notice.”

As a prerequisite to accepting the idea that self-actualization is one of the grand purposes of life, one must accept this notion that every human possesses an impulse towards growth. If you do not accept this proposition, than the rest of what we lay out today will not find purchase with you. If you do accept this idea, then it rightly follows that true fulfillment will come from maximizing this growth, and conversely, being content with averageness will rob us of the kind of transcendent satisfaction and happiness that could have been possible. Maslow cautioned:

Self-Actualization and Vocation

Maslow posited that attaining self-actualization:

“proceeds inevitably via awareness of one’s identity (among other things). A very important part of this task is to become aware of what one is, biologically, temperamentally, constitutionally, as a member of a species, of one’s capacities, desires, needs, and also of one’s vocation what one is fitted for, what one’s destiny is.”

That latter step, working at a vocation, was something Maslow observed in every single self-actualized person he encountered, without a single exception. He found that self-actualized persons were deeply devoted to a cause outside themselves, a work which they felt called to do and which brought them great joy.

Now many men have the erroneous idea that finding your vocation means doing something that will make you rich and famous-becoming a rock star or writing the great American novel. And the idea of self-actualization may feed into this misconception. So we should point out here that everyone’s potentialities will max out at different levels. The important thing is simply to push yourself to wherever those limits are for you personally. Self-actualization is a highly individual thing-your best is not another man’s best.

Remember, vocation is not your job, it’s what you bring to your job-your unique gifts and talents. So self-actualization is about finding the opportunities that will allow you to exercise your talents and use your capabilities to the fullest extent possible.

Getting More Practical

Thinking about the goal of maximizing all of my potential really gets me fired up and motivated about life. It’s an idea that honestly pulls me out of depressive funks and helps get me going again.

But I realize that not every man is into this kind of philosophy/psychology business. So I wanted to put in a section with more practical reasons for why pursuing a vocation is important.

Health and happiness. Ignoring your vocation can cause anxiety, restlessness, and depression. Using your talents and gifts brings a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment that cannot be duplicated. It is also increases your peak experiences and opportunities for flow.

True, I know men, and I’m sure you do too, you are working in jobs that don’t fit them at all in order to make a living, and outwardly they put on a fairly happy face. But I often see an anger in these men emerge in less guarded moments-in road rage, heavy drinking, and resentment towards others. It can just eat at you inside, literally. More heart attacks occur on Monday morning than at any other time; men return to jobs they loathe and their blood pressure soars.

Greater success. We often associate vocations with jobs in which people barely scrape by, but still stick with it because of their love for the work. That’s surely sometimes the case, but doing what you love can truly be the path to your greatest success. In an interview with the NYT, the CEO of The Onion (now that’s a fun job) was asked what advice he would give to someone just graduating from college. He said:

“Find what you really love to do and then go after it-relentlessly. And don’t fret about the money. Because what you love to do is quite likely what you’re good at. And what you’re good at will likely bring you financial reward eventually. I’ve seen too many people who have plotted a career, and often what’s behind it is nothing other than a stack of dollar bills. You need to be happy in order to be good, and you need to be good to succeed. And when you succeed, there’s a good chance you’ll get paid.”

Freedom and Frugality. For a man who has found his true vocation, the line between work and joy/life is completely erased. His work is his play and his play is his work. Things like money, salary, vacation, hobbies, entertainment, and amusement thus lose their meaning.

Staying in a dead end job is often seen as the more practical choice, but there is an irresistible practicality to the idea of vocation as well. The man in the job he hates may sometimes make more money, but he also spends more money, trying to buy things and experiences that will make up for how miserable he is at work. He has to do what doesn’t make him happy to earn money to pay for things that do. In contrast, the man in a vocation is the truly frugal man. He’s not living for the next vacation; he doesn’t need a big screen tv to make him happy; he’s not paying a shrink and a doctor to tend to his diminishing mental and physical health. He doesn’t need much to get by and that’s true freedom.

Service, Duty and Responsibility

So far we’ve talked a lot about you and what you want to do with your life. But shouldn’t your vocation also serve others and improve the world? How do you balance your desire for self-actualization with your duties and responsibilities in life?

Thankfully these things ideally go hand in hand. When you’re a whole man, when your inward self is united with your outward self, when your inner desires are united with your outer actions, that is when you can truly be of service to the world. Maslow calls this the ideal meeting of inner requiredness (“I want to”) with outer requiredness (“I must”). Or as Frederick Buechner puts it, “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”

Living falsely, forcing your square peg into a round hole, not only hurts you, but hurts those you love and those you work with and for. Everyone knows the frustration of being on a team with a guy who’s there because he feels he “ought” to be or “should” be, but has no heart for it. He goes through the motions but pulls everyone down. The Sufi poet Rumi wisely advised such a man, “If you are here unfaithfully with us, you’re causing terrible damage.”

Seeking your vocation is not selfish; robbing the world of what you could have done with your gifts and talents is.

All this being said, I personally believe that duty and responsibility come before personal passions. It is not manly to leave your family because you have suddenly decided that being in a traveling circus is your true calling or quit your job to go to film school when there’s a mortgage to be paid.

As Edward Howard Griggs put it in “Vocation and Avocation,” “The way to a larger opportunity is never meanly sneaking out from under the little duty of to-day, but climbing bravely through it and off the top; and then the better chance usually comes.” You may need to moonlight in a second job until you can quit your day job; you may need to find the expression of your talents in your avocation; you may simply need to find more opportunities in your current job that allow you to use your unique strengths. A determined man who knows how to hustle can find a responsible way to balance his duties and his passions.

Fathers sometimes rationalize working in a job they hate so that they can allow their kids to follow their dreams. The problem here is that their fathers often said the same thing, and their fathers before that. Someone has to break the chain. A father must model what he wishes his children to become. If you don’t want your kids to play it small, then why are you?
_______________
Finding Your Calling Part I: What Is a Vocation?
Finding Your Calling Part II: The Myths and Realities of Vocation
Finding Your Calling Part III: Why Pursue a Vocation?
Finding Your Calling Part IV: Discovering Your Vocation
Finding Your Calling Part V: Obstacles to Embracing Your Vocation

1 Jace June 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Well done =)

2 Mike June 6, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Excellent post. This series is helping me write a research report that I am doing for our Career Development Center at school. We have the smallest career center in the entire CSU system with one career counselor serving over 17,000 students. I’m hoping to express the importance of learning vocational skills (networking, getting jobs, finding one’s “calling”, etc.) to students, teachers, staff, and parents so that our career center will be able to expand and better serve students. Thanks for sharing!

3 Gerard June 6, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I’m 17. It is astounding how such a brief series of writings have helped me to formulate my future and how I want to affect things.

4 Kris Freeberg June 6, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Jonathan Fields dealt really well with this in his book Career Renegade.

Kudos Brett – the more men find their callings, the better off we all are.

5 Peter Shallard - The Shrink for Entrepreneurs June 6, 2010 at 11:15 pm

This is a fantastic post – you guys are really rocking this slightly ‘heavier’ (read: more badass) content. In my opinion, this should be the direction for the next ebook project.

You said something really interesting: “One must accept this notion that every human possesses an impulse towards growth”

In my view, it’s also important to presuppose that every human possess the INNER RESOURCES needed for growth… that we all have the innate capability to vastly exceed our own expectations.

Learning this was one of the most positive pieces of SELF growth I’ve had from working as a therapist over the years.

Thanks for this post.

6 Kyle June 7, 2010 at 12:28 am

Great post. I think all of it comes down to figuring out what you want out of life, set priorities, and go out and do it. If you have a dream job, pursue it ferociously, but if you’re ultimate goal in life is to support a family there may be a time to give up on the vocation and resort to a job or career, but at that point a man’s calling has become towards his family and the job just becomes a means to an ends, just as the work towards a vocation was. You’re right that working in a job you hate is bad for your mental and physical health, but if a lousy job allows you to do what you really want out of life then you should be content with it and those kinds of health problems would be irrelevant. I think the problem stems from people not putting enough thought of what they really want out of life. A lot of people just go through the motions and do what they think they should do, get a job, raise a family, and then look back on it and realize that they’re not sure why they did what they did and it depresses them, and maybe what they want out of life is what they actually have but its the doubt that they possibly settled. If you have a clear direction in life there’s no second guessing.

7 Tim June 7, 2010 at 5:12 am

For everyone interested in exploring this further (including Brett and Kate), I would HIGHLY recommend Frankl’s “Man’s Search for Meaning.” He is a holocaust survivor who explores in-depth the idea that “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” This idea was demonstrated clearly during the holocaust- in his concentration camp, the will to live largely determined who survived and who didn’t. He also discusses the converse- that he who doesn’t have a ‘why’ will find life unbearable, even if he isn’t faced with the horrors of a concentration camp.
It’s less about vocation than life in general, but finding meaning in a vocation is very difficult if you’re unable to answer the broader question of ‘why.’
The book is here:

8 Jeb June 7, 2010 at 7:06 am

Without a doubt, the best post on the ever popular ‘do what you love’ philosophy I’ve ever read. Way to distinguish. :)

9 Peter Shallard - The Shrink for Entrepreneurs June 7, 2010 at 7:22 am

@Jeb: “Without a doubt, the best post on the ever popular ‘do what you love’ philosophy I’ve ever read. Way to distinguish.”

<– Exactly what I was trying to say – only said more concise and better!

10 Kevin Wenzel June 7, 2010 at 7:48 am

Absolutly spot on ! Incouraging the world of men to be like Men. I am so incouragef. Thank you.

11 Dan S. June 7, 2010 at 8:21 am

I’ve listed this book before on these pages. I’ll list it again:

Excellent, direct, and brief advice about moving forward with something you are passionate about. Here’s a free excerpt:

12 Kurt Francom June 7, 2010 at 9:33 am

Great post! There are such good quotes in this series. I have really enjoyed it. I am reading this on Monday morning before I head into the office and it is truly motivating. Keep up the good work!

13 Pete W June 7, 2010 at 9:47 am

Thank you for this series. It’s a subject I have found myseld struggling with for some time now and this series is very encouraging.

14 Christopher Hunt June 7, 2010 at 12:11 pm

As outstanding as this series has been, I want to commend you for the objectivity with which you’ve presented it, as it concerns philosophy or religion. I’m someone who is not religious by choice, yet still acknowledges the simple common sense lessons regarding growth and manhood that can be found there. All too often, I feel like the odd man out when I read essays or books on this subject, as I pick through the text and substitute certain words or meanings, so thank you for not making me (the atheist reader) feel unwelcome.

As a separate note, for the readers out there who might be a little further along this path of discovery, as in they’ve been able to determine what it is they WANT to do, but not necessarily how, Napolean Hill’s book “Think And Grow Rich” is invaluable fuel. That book and Atlas Shrugged are two pieces of literature that managed dislodge me from a life of complacency and compel me to pursue my dreams. I’m four years into my vocation, and I’ve yet to make money at it and I still have a day job and I work non stop but I love it. I feel like a freight train barreling down the tracks; totally and completely unstoppable and its an extraordinary feeling that I wouldn’t trade anything in the world for.

Something I also did that might help, is that once I knew what I wanted, I found people who were WAY better at it than me to learn from. I draw comics and was fortunate enough to reach out to my hero, the man that originally made me want to draw comics as a kid, and have him become my mentor. After four years of hard work, I’ll actually be studying under him as an artist in residence later this year.

My advice is to aim high and stop at nothing and you will soon be shown what it feels like to truly be alive. No risk no reward. We live in a place in time that quite literally, if you can think of it, you can make it. Don’t think that it isn’t hard, it can be a trail of tears at times especially if what you want isn’t what other people think if should be (i.e. comic books) but remember that they’re not you, and they’re probably not happy themselves.

15 Mauricio June 7, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Bravo, Brett. These posts on vocation are truly inspiring. I have been away from AOM for a bit because of schooling and this series is a great re-introduction as to why I came to these boards in the first place. I feel revitalized in my attempts at finding my own vocation.

16 Joseph Joe June 7, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I really appreciate these articles that inspire me to become a better man in life. Although I’m still in high school, I am finding these posts truly useful. Thanks again!

17 Bob June 7, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I have potential to be a much better hopscotch player than I am. Why am I not maximizing that potential? Simply because I both don’t care about hopscotch in the slightest and because I have more important potentials to maximize.

You get kinda close to this notion near the end, but then stop and don’t really go there. I think that I could be a better X if I weren’t also trying to be a better Y — and this argument often goes towards a discussion of “balance” but I think what I’m thinking here is more a discussion of “sacrifice” i.e. maximizing my potential, in my experience, is best accomplished when I consciously decide to do it at the expense of maximizing some lesser aspect of my potential. Seems contradictory, but from my little perspective it’s not, in fact I’m finding it to be a key to success — at least, so far in my life.

18 David @ Super Awesome Dating June 7, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Very powerful, particularly the ending paragraph. “If you don’t want your kids to play it small, why are you”. My law business law professor left me with a fantastic quote I will always remember: “chase your dreams and the money will follow, chase the money and your like everyone else”.

19 Steve June 7, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Brett,
I am quite impressed with your work on this series. I disagreed with your use of “vocation” in Part I (and still do), but it is obvious that your thought and research has delved deeply into, and been quite helpful to many readers concerning work and callings. I am extremely glad you used the “soulmate” analogy to that of the “dream job”/vocation. I find the term “soulmate” and the associated behaivor surrounding the term a detriment to marriage or life-long commitment. There doesn’t seem to be a perfect match in anything: Nor is there a totally diametric mismatch. Your 75%-100% of enjoyment of use of skills seems a good goal. We are usually good, or become good, at the skills we enjoy. Here’s hoping that searching for the dream job doesn’t become a detriment to self-actualizing work.

Being an older guy with the career I pursued and many would consider a dream job (doctor), I have discovered that nothing is constant except change. Growth is necessary because it accomodates the change. Part of growth not often acknowledged may be a scarring or accepting a certain amount of dissatisfaction because with time what used to be satisfying may no longer be, and vice versa. We may enjoy using different skills more or certain skills may wane or wax (as we use them/or don’t) and become less satisfying to use. This is where most of the Western Civilization readers of AOM might use what is considered an Eastern philosophy of being happy with themselves and their surroundings. Western religeons would call it the 9th and 10th commandments — Do no covet … . Being comfortable in your own skin with your abilities is more difficult than thought. “The grass is always greener …” is more than just an apt cliche’ as is the whole “desiderata.” Western culture tells us that growth is always bigger and better, yet older gentlemen often lack a fire that a younger man wouldn’t. This is probably part wisdom and part a lack of daring and zeal. So like many of the commenters, I would encourage younger gentlemen to pursue their passions (which usually parallel their skills) with reckless abandon; because true manliness requires the practice of many of the dutiful virtues (sacrifice)put forth by our host as hallmarks of manliness. These dutiful virtues tend to take from our freedom to explore careers which is why many religeons use terms like slave, servant, or handmaiden to humbly describe their loving and sacrificial devotion to the cause.

20 Felipe June 7, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Wonderful. Truly encouraging, I feel renewed. I have a big project going on and this certainly will help me with it, for it is my dream and at the same time, it would be great for my future.

I can’t express my gratitude towards the writer. “Thanks” is just not enough. I’m really happy to have had the opportunity to read this text. Congratulations and please, keep them coming!

21 Core June 8, 2010 at 7:03 am

@Article

Very nice. Thank you.

@Christopher Hunt

Nice way of putting it. That inspired me, to at least go buy atlas shrugged right this moment! XD

Amazon.com… here I come. (:

22 Hektor June 8, 2010 at 9:31 am

I didn’t like the quotation: “If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you’ll be deeply unhappy for the rest of your life. You will be evading your own capacities, your own possibilities.“ .  I think that a large part of the anomie is a result of this constant chasing of an ideal that is unreachable.  In a way it is a self fulfilling quotation.  Until you read it you probably didn’t realise that you needed to “be all you can be” but you will be unhappy if, after having read it, you don’t aspire to your full potential.  The idea of living a life where you do what you want and not chasing the dragon of “potential” to me sounds like a much more fulfilling existence.  Always wanting to be better and do more (and doing better and wanting more) is what keeps people unhappy as they never get what they want as per the philosophical question where you take a step, then half a step, then half a half step and so on, do you ever make it to two steps?  (no, you don’t)  Whereas more practical people would just take the two steps and get on with life.

In summary, you can always be better, it is not much better to accept what you are and play to your strengths than it is to constantly strive to be better at everything?

23 Christopher Hunt June 8, 2010 at 10:24 am

@Core
Glad to hear it! Its a great book. Just be aware that if you respond well to the book, its sometimes hard not to take it a little too far. Objectivism (Rand’s Philosophy which is disseminated most concisely by her character John Galt in Atlas) is a mode of thought that puts the individual above all else, as a heroic being, but when you put a bunch of Objectivists in a room with each other, it tends to be a little too much ego. Likewise, its a bit empowering so it tends to make a person more apt to debate. Just remember the magic word; moderation.

@Hektor
How can one know, what it is one wants until they have satisfied their curiosity?

I think the point that the McKays were making is that if you want the kind of life that has purpose, and is fulfilling, or if you have a long forgotten childhood dream, you should seek these things out. If we can agree on that, then I think its safe to say that even if an individual cannot put it into the above terms, subconsciously there is an awareness, even if it is only exhibited in the negative behavior that comes about from the suppression of the desire i.e. stress, irritability, anger, etc. This, I think, is the point that was being made as to whether or not you seek something out that is more than just a paycheck. I don’t think anyone is ignorant of feeling like a cog in a wheel though. The question is simply, are you content with that feeling?

24 Steve June 8, 2010 at 11:46 am

@ Christopher Hunt –

If Atlas Shrugged helped knock an “odd man out” out of his complacency, you should try The Fountainhead by Rand.

25 Christopher Hunt June 8, 2010 at 12:30 pm

@Steve

Oh don’t you worry sir, I’ve read it and yes you are correct in your assessment. I loved Fountainhead as well, just not as much as Atlas. I didn’t want to sound much of a crazy Randian, but the New Romantics Manifesto by her is also relevant to this I think. It focuses mainly on art, but it touches on how integral it is for man to create and produce as a means of interpreting the world around them. Puts an interesting spin on the whole notion of what work/vocation can mean.

26 Christopher Hunt June 8, 2010 at 12:40 pm

that should read “interpreting the world around *him* ”

I had to correct myself or it would drive me crazy.

27 Joe DeGiorgio June 8, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Although I’ve come late to reading this, I’m compelled to comment. This post is another reason I think that AoM is probably the best blog on the net. This is impactful and inspiring, and I appreciate what it will do for me and others who read it. It’s never too late to pursue a dream, or seek a “vocation”, and everyone should be encouraged to do so. This post provides such encouragement.

My eyes were open already. Now they’re open wide. Thanks again.

28 Brett McKay June 8, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Thank you for the kind comments everyone. I’m glad this series has resonated with many of you. We put a lot of work into it, and your feedback is truly appreciated and gives us much needed encouragement. Thanks, guys.

29 Joshua C. June 8, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I am 22 and have finally started towards my vocation in Occupational Therapy. I am in my very first quarter of becoming Occupational Therapy Assistant and I hope to eventually to get my Masters degree and become an OT. I am excited to help others maximize there life and abilities after accidents and severe injuries. I don’t think there is anything more rewarding then being able to help someone who may have a brain injury and work with them until they are able to tie their own shoes again and cook.

I am sad to see that many in my generation will not just simply pick a career path and stick with it. Instead they spend all their time and money going for a 4 year degree in Art, Music, History, or whatever tickles their fancy with no plan. Why not instead get a degree in music or art education so they can at least teach others to enjoy their passion. Instead many will end up working at McDonald’s with a degree in History and a lot of debt.

30 Tayo June 10, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Once again Mr. Mckay, you did it again like you always do. I am really happy to see that someone really agrees with me and also mut some research behind it. I remember when my mom was always telling to do nursing and i will always tell her that i want to do Electrical Engineering. She always talks about money, you want something that will give you lots of money. I feel energized by reading this article. Thanks man. Keep it coming.

31 Bill O'Neil June 11, 2010 at 10:56 am

Wow, I have read PLENTY on this topic over the years and this is the best, most concise, most actionable article I have ever read on the topic.

Thanks very much for this. This is humbling for someone who considers himself a decent writer.

32 Beau W. June 12, 2010 at 10:04 am

God has an intended vocation for each of us. The restlessness, emptiness, and depression are symptoms that you we are not following HIS will for our life’s calling.

33 Luke June 12, 2010 at 8:30 pm

I think that one of the biggest obstacles to working in your vocation is simply the time it takes to reach maturity. The question of “What are you going to do with your life?” is raised early, in some cases before a child is ten. It becomes a more pressing concern when high school courses need to be chosen to get into a selected university program.

The issue here is that the desires of the teenager won’t necessarily coincide with the desires of the adult. So what happens is that, by the time a person is trained and experienced in a field, they’re working a career that was selected for them by a teenager (or in some cases, a child).

I believe this is one of the biggest reasons why so few people find what they want. By the time they even realize that they’re unhappy with where they are, they have responsibilities that don’t allow them to find something else.

On the other side, I believe this is why people that are able to find (and train into) their vocation are more happy. Not only are they able to do what they love, they know that they earned it.

I wish everyone luck in finding what they were meant to do. I’m still looking right now.

34 shawn June 13, 2010 at 1:22 pm

9 years ago I was doing a coop with GM. The job would have paid me a lot of money but I wasn’t happy with being at a desk. Near the end of my coop I was offered a summer job but I had started working at a restaurant. At the age of 15 I found my calling and now I have started my own catering company. Every job we get its like playing ball hockey with friends.

You truly can not under estimate doing what your good at and what you love.

Great series as always Brett.

35 How to get Girlfriend June 13, 2010 at 9:20 pm

This is a great post. Those who want to have success with women ought to read this.