Why make your bed? Well, not only does doing it every day build your discipline, which strengthens your willpower, keeping your place looking orderly helps conserve your day-to-day willpower supply as well, so you can channel it into more important tasks. Plus it just looks nice, and it feels really good to get into a made bed when you turn in each night. If you want to learn a military-style method for a tighter result, here’s how to make a bed you can bounce a quarter off of.
- Spread out bottom, fitted sheet and fit corners of sheet around corners of mattress.
- Stand at foot of bed and spread top sheet over fitted sheet. The end of the sheet with the large hem goes at head of bed. Leave a small space between top of sheet and head of bed.
- At foot of bed, tuck end of sheet between mattress and box springs. Ensure sheet lays smoothly between the two.
- Make a hospital corner on one side of mattress at foot of bed. Grab and lift the draping sheet from the side about 16 inches from foot of bed.
- Tuck in triangle-shaped lower drape between mattress and box springs.
- Hold the corner in place with your free hand and fold the top drape over. You want the fold on the top drape to form a 45-degree angle. Repeat on opposite corner of mattress.
- Tuck in sheet on both sides of the bed.
- Repeat process with blanket. Put pillow in case and back on head of bed. Add comforter. Smooth everything down.