There’s nothing wrong with the classic burger – a juicy patty paired with lettuce, tomato, and onion. In fact, such a combination can be sublime. But every once in awhile, it’s fun to mix things up, and go way outside the box with your topping choices. Above you’ll find some surprisingly delicious combinations that wed edible favorites with the humble hamburger. Experiment and see what you think of them. There’s no better laboratory than the backyard grill.
– Burger + Chili pie= Cheese, corn chips and chili
– Burger + BBQ= BBQ, coleslaw and pulled pork
– Burger + PB & J= jelly and peanut
– Burger + Nachos= Jalapenos, cheese, salsa, guacamole, and tortilla strips
– Burger + Cheesesteack= peppers, onions, cheese whiz, and steak
– Burger + Hot dog= sauerkraut, mustard, and hot dog
– Burger + breakfast= syrup, bacon, hash browns and egg
– burger + pastrami= Fry sauce and pastrami
Bonus: Awesome bun substitutions:
Donut – Grilled cheese sandwich (on top and bottom) – Pizzen bagel
What’s your favorite surprisingly delicious burger combo? Let us know in the comments!
Illustration by Ted Slampyak