While it may seem that the laws of etiquette only apply to dinner parties and theater outings, a certain decorum should prevail even in a public restroom. Today we illuminate the unspoken (and too often unfollowed) code of conduct for using the bathroom like a gentleman.
- Always leave a buffer. If possible, leave a urinal or stall between yourself and other bathroom occupants.
- No phone calls, period.
- No eye contact with other patrons. Eyes forward at all times.
- Keep talking to a minimum. Under no circumstances do you talk to a man while he’s pooping.
- Always flush. Flush a second time if needed to clear up leftover… stuff.
- Wash your hands, even if you’re not an employee returning to work.
Like this illustrated guide? Buy the poster!