Pulling a coin out of someone’s ear may very well be the most quintessential uncle trick; no cool uncle’s repertoire is complete without it. Though simple, this sleight of hand maneuver is only truly impressive when your execution is flawless. So, make sure to practice your magic moves in front of a mirror to work your craft before you try it with a real niece or nephew.
- With a coin in your left hand, pretend to transfer it to your right hand while rotating your palm down.
- Hold onto the coin by pinching it between your thumb and index finger. Close right hand around the imaginary coin.
- Distract the audience by having them blow onto your right fist. Let your left hand, with the coin inside, relax at your side.
- Act like you notice something behind their left ear.
- Bring your left hand up behind the ear, keeping your palm facing away from them.
- Switch the coin to your fingertips, brush it gently against the ear, and show it the audience.
Like this illustrated guide? Then you’re going to love our book The Illustrated Art of Manliness! Pick up a copy on Amazon.Uncle