An essential part of being an awesome uncle is having a repertoire of tricks and jokes that will amaze your nieces and nephews, and crack them up. So from time to time we’ll be offering you current and future uncles out there a tutorial on some gags that’ll have them thinking you’re the coolest dude in the world.
In our first installment of “Cool Uncle Tricks,” we taught you how to levitate.
This time around, we’re offering a tutorial for a great mealtime gag: how to “bounce” a dinner roll on the floor. You can also bounce a donut at breakfast, or any other suitable baked good. The trick works best when you’re sitting at a table with a tablecloth that will hide what’s really going on. But you can do it at any table, as long as you keep your audience’s eyes above the tabletop.
What it looks like:
1. You are seen throwing the roll on the floor.
2. The sound of the roll hitting the floor is heard.
3. The roll pops up.
4. You catch the roll triumphantly.
What’s actually happening:
1. Foot is ready to stamp.
2. Tap your foot on the ground to make the “bouncing” sound.
3. Toss the roll back up into the air.
4. Catch the roll. Await applause from nieces and nephews.