In today’s episode I talk to writer Steven Pressfield. Steven has written over a dozen books in both the fiction and non-fiction categories. His novel Gates of Fire, a fictional account of the Battle of Thermopylae, is used by the Marine Corps Basic School and his non-fiction books have become go-to guides for writers, entrepreneurs, and other creative types. Steven and I talk about why war plays a central theme in all his work and how to apply the Warrior Ethos to creative work.
- Why Steven writes about war
- Why Steven loves the Ancient Greeks
- The difference between braveness and boldness (and the virtues you need to succeed as a creator)
- What Resistance is and how to overcome it
- The difference between an amateur and a pro
- Why the most dangerous time for a warrior or artist is right after victory and success
- And much more!