Photo by freeparking
Almost every date involves taking a woman out to eat. It is not only fun, but offers a perfect opportunity to show your date your manners and character. Below are a few of the do’s and don’ts of dinner dates. If you do the do’s, you’re guaranteed to impress your date and score a second one with her. If you do the don’ts, she won’t be returning your calls.
- Open the door for your date and pull out her chair for her.
- Place your napkin on your lap.
- Break off a chunk of bread to butter it instead of buttering one huge slice.
- Come prepared with interesting conversation topics to discuss.
- Say thank you to the waiter each time he or she brings you an item.
- Pre-bus the table to make the waiter’s job easier. (This shows you respect those in the service industry.)
- Pay for the whole bill, and make it obvious you are going to do so to avoid an awkward conversation.
- Leave a generous tip. A tip speaks volumes about your character.
- Wear a ball cap during the dinner. You shouldn’t be wearing one at all, but if you are, take it off when you enter the restaurant.
- Chew with your mouth open.
- Make the waiter’s job difficult with anal orders and requests.
- Obviously check out other women
Remember that many of these rules apply for dinner dates at home.