Whether you’re new to the slopes, or a speed-loving veteran, there are some unwritten rules of etiquette that should be followed when skiing (or snowboarding). Not only do these slopeside manners make for a more enjoyable experience for everyone at the resort, they make for a safer environment. While skiing is usually just fun and exhilaration, it can get real dangerous in a hurry. Heed the tips above, and stay intact for another day!
- Don’t cut in line for the chairlift.
- Be courteous to your chairlift buddy.
- Choose a run suited to your skill level.
- Ski in control and at reasonable speeds.
- Give right-of-way to skiers in front of you.
- Assist skiers who have fallen.