- Hold the flag waist-high with a partner; the flag should be parallel with the ground.
- Bring the upper and lower halves of the flag together, folding it lengthwise in half.
- Fold the flag lengthwise again, bringing the lower half up to the top. The field of stars should be visible on the left side.
- Bring the striped corner of the folded edge up to meet the the top edge of the flag, making a small triangle. Fold the triangle over itself, making the triangle point inward. Continue triangular folding.
- The triangular folding continues until the entire length of the flag is folded. When the flag is completely folded, only a triangular blue field of stars should be visible. Tuck the remaining rectangle into the triangle’s folds.
Illustration by Ted Slampyak