Art of Manliness Podcast Episode #52: Real Men Real Style With Antonio Centeno

by Brett on October 26, 2013 · 29 comments

in Podcast

trunk-125x125 This episode of The Art of Manliness Podcast is sponsored by Trunk Club. Trunk Club takes the hassle out of shopping for higher-end clothing by pairing you up with a personal stylist who creates and ships a box filled with outfits directly to your door.

In today’s episode I talk to Antonio Centeno, founder and owner of Real Men Real Style as well as the resident style expert at the Art of Manliness. We discuss men’s style, why it’s important, and things men can do to improve their personal style.

Show highlights:

• Antonio’s style philosophy
  • The biggest style mistakes men make
  • How to dress well on a budget
  • The items every man needs in his wardrobe
  • Which style rules men follow too religiously
  • And much more!

Listen to the Podcast!

Find us on Stitcher

Special thanks to Keelan O’Hara for editing the podcast!

1 Antonio Centeno October 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Brett – thank you for having me on as a guest. I am proud and honored to have been a part of AOM for the last 5 years!

2 Dave October 27, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Great podcast. I loved Antonio’s passion for style and business. Super motivating and I learned a ton. Can’t wait for the next podcast.

3 Matt October 28, 2013 at 2:16 am

I was enjoying this but the podcast started cutting out for me. So much that it became unlistenable. I’ll try again tomorrow.

4 Evan van den Berg October 28, 2013 at 4:38 am

I was hopping for a list of the style blogs mentioned in the description. So for all those who are curious here is that list in the order they were mentioned:

5 Brad McNally October 28, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I think this was a great podcast. I recently started listening to the AOM podcasts after running through all my normal ones in one week and still having travel time.

I drive at least 2 hours each day and most of that is filled with podcast listening time. In addition to adding AOM podcasts to my rotation, I’d love to hear a Real Men Real Style regular podcast.

6 Carlos U. October 28, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Great podcast. Antonio yes you should start a podcast. I know I have taken many tips from you through your videos, articles and website. When I was in I wish I had better direction on what to wear while I was out and about from the base.
Semper Fi brother keep up the good work
I know once I save up I will be ordering my own package of shirts from you.

7 Abbey October 28, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Antonio, I saw your email about starting your own podcast being on your “Someday Maybe” list. You should do it! In addition to audio and interviews recorded just for the podcast, you can use the audio from your videos (at least for the videos that don’t rely heavily on visuals.) You can strip the audio from a video using the free version of Real Player. I’m a fan of podcasts that are short enough to listen to on a short commute.
Good luck!

8 Jay Norman October 28, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Yes, please. Start a regular podcast, Antonio.

9 David Klein October 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I would love to see a podcast done by you Antonio. I would subscribe to it in a heartbeat.
Antonio, I would love for you to do a live show whether on radio or by internet streaming where guys could call in with their style questions and get answers.

10 Tiberius Montenegro October 28, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Sure. Please do.

11 Greg Jones Sr October 28, 2013 at 2:12 pm

The e-book on the “how” regarding ties was a great instructional guide. Easy to read, informative and FREE! Thank you. I used to wonder why tie a tie like that? Until I became more fashionable and style conscious, I had no earthly ideal. No one tells you the “Why?”, but you get the “How”. In your next manual you should explain the “Why?”. because “knowing is half the battle”. Then the need for “How” increases. Thus, possibly increasing the need/sells for the e-book in future endeavors. You may have done this already unknowingly to me, it’s just a kind suggestion, speaking from a personal view. We learned basic knots from the Military, but the looks of style, boldness, and uniqueness like the (Trinity knot or the Eldredge knot) are not reaching Demographics that would probably would tie their tie like that if the information reached them. At any rate, good e-book! In closing, Thanks again.

12 Jesse Dijkstra October 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I really like these, I’d like to see more of them!

13 Joe October 28, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Antonio: I strongly encourage you to do a podcast. Your knowledge is terrific, and your passion is contagious. As you know, the key is to commit to a regular schedule. So perhaps you can start with a monthly podcast, and see where it goes. As you know, feeding the content beast is hard work, but it eventually bears fruit . . . Best of luck!

14 An Idle Dad October 28, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Hi Antonio,
Absolutely start a regular podcast – AoM doesn’t come out often enough – you know you can fill the gap with great stuff too.

15 Scott October 28, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Antonio,
Loved the interview and I would definitely listen to every single episode of a men’s style podcast if you did one!

16 Neftali October 28, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Hola Antonio
Me parece buena idea. Adelante
Can’t wait..

17 Robert Landry October 28, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Antonio,
To answer your question: yes, a podcast would be great and I would listen. Keep it short.
Bob

18 Bobby October 29, 2013 at 5:43 am

Great podcast full of good information. I enjoyed the series of life events that lead up to Antonio starting A Tailored Suit and Real Men Real Style.
I would love a regular podcast by Antonio himself too!

19 Andrew Wilson October 29, 2013 at 11:17 am

Antonio,
Do it!

20 Rick October 29, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Yes, I believe there is great interest in the men’s style industry and a high caliber pod cast would help to reignite the fires of men presenting themselves well.

21 Mike October 29, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Podcasts are a very good idea. Just please remember to branch out some beyond the basics. Liked your articles about wax cotton coats and jean jackets.

22 Jay Scott October 29, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Antonio, you should definitely do a podcast! I’d love to listen to it. They are the wave of the future in my opinion, with everyone switching to mobile devices!

23 John Corcoran October 30, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Antonio always has great advice and tips to share. Brett, I’m glad you brought him on the podcast.

24 Paul Vance October 31, 2013 at 6:15 am

Antonio, please start a podcast. There is so much to learn when you are starting from practically nothing.

25 Greg October 31, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Ever since I decided, two years ago, guided by some benevolent, divine muse, to dress better, and in particular to dress as and who I am, I have felt as if the hand of God himself or his angels had lifted me to the heights of victorious manhood and understood masculinity.

It’s become what in part defines me, and women love it.

26 Leia November 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

Enjoyed the podcast from Art of Manliness. I definitely dig the opening theme music! Classy and manly, almost reminiscent of the olden days as my grandfather would probably say.

27 Rich November 2, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Antonio – love your site and advice! AoM – I love the podcasts. Thanks guys.

28 Nick November 24, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Antonio – Great Site!!!

And this podcast is great. Very insightful!!

29 Alan November 26, 2013 at 5:45 am

If not a regular podcast, Antonio could be a guest every several months or so to talk about fundamentals and the upcoming season.