Thank you for your interest in writing for The Art of Manliness.
AoM is highly selective in which guest submissions it chooses to publish. To increase the chances of your article being published, please follow the following guidelines:
- Articles should be a minimum of ~600 words and a maximum of ~4,000 words
- Articles should follow the style, format, and tone typical of AoM articles
- Articles should be organized with an introduction and at least a couple sections with headings; they should not be a solid block of text
- Articles should be well-edited for organization, flow, style, and grammar
The topic of the article will be selected by you. We do not pre-vet article ideas. In selecting your topic, pick a subject that fits AoM’s mission and values, and has not been covered by us previously. However, if you have a new angle on something we’ve already covered, we would be open to reviewing it.
Articles on subjects of all kinds will be considered, but we are particularly looking for articles that cover:
- How-to skills (survival, bushcraft, camping, automative, etc.)
- DIY skills/projects
- Personal finance and career
Only hard copy guest submissions are accepted, and should be sent to:
Art of Manliness
Attn: Guest Submissions
PO Box 978
Jenks, OK 74037
Please include both your mailing and your email address.
After your article is submitted, our editor will review it and send you an email in 3-6 weeks notifying you of either its acceptance or rejection. We unfortunately do not have time to explain the reasons for a rejection.
Thanks again for the interest and best of luck in the process!