Dads aren’t usually very picky about Father’s Day presents — if you get them something, anything — they’re typically simply tickled pink that someone remembered them at all.
Those low expectations are going work to your advantage this year — because this year, you’re not only going to remember to get your Pops something for Father’s Day, you’re going to come through with something truly fun, useful, and/or unique.
For those looking to not only meet but exceed dear old dad’s expectations, our friends at Huckberry have curated a selection of can’t-miss items below; for even more ideas, be sure to check out their entire Father’s Day store.
Huckberry is offering FREE shipping today and tomorrow (June 11th and 12th) when you use the code “aomfree” at checkout. To receive your order by Father’s Day, you have to order by end of day Tuesday the 12th.
1. Pappy Van Winkle Barrel-Aged Syrup. The folks over at Pappy Van Winkle’s (maker of superb bourbon) tapped Bissell Maple Farm in Ohio for some of their pure, American-made maple syrup to age in retired Pappy bourbon barrels. Yum.
2. GrowlerWerks uKeg. Give the gift of fresh beer! This mini keg comes in the size of a half-gallon or full gallon growler and is jam-packed with utility: double-walled, vacuum-insulated stainless steel, VPR cap (for adjustable carbonation), pressure gauge, dispenser tap, even an interchangeable tap handle for personalization. The uKeg does it all.
3. TRX Minimal. Bodyweight suspension training at its best. With lighter and thinner straps than previous TRX systems, this portable, functional gear can be taken wherever Dad goes and quickly set up just about anywhere for a fast and efficient workout.
4. Huckberry Hatchet. Hand-forged in Sweden by master blacksmiths and perfectly sized for all-purpose jobs from the campsite to the home, there’s a lot to love about this hatchet.
5. Flint and Tinder 10-Year Hoodie. This uncompromising hoodie is expertly sourced, cut, sewn, and washed here in the U.S. into a premium sweatshirt that’ll grow and age the way a favorite sweatshirt should. Only gets softer with wear and is guaranteed not to shrink.
6. Original Hardcore Hammer. Named for both the hardened steel core of the hammerhead and for just how badass these hammers really are. American-made and designed to stand up to the day-in, day-out needs of a professional carpenter, this tool is a great choice for any dad — whether he’s a DIY enthusiast or professional tradesman.
7. Harry’s Travel Shave Kit. A shaving kit that fits neatly into Harry’s signature dopp bag. Includes copper-handled razor (with extra blades), shave balm, and shave cream. It’s the last travel set Dad’ll ever need.
8. Whiskey Peaks Glasses. A handsome set of four hand-blown whiskey glasses. Featuring a raised topographic impression of four of the world’s great peaks — Half Dome, Mt. Washington, Mt. Everest, and Mt. Fuji — Whiskey Peaks will keep your pops sipping “on the rocks” whenever 5 o’clock calls.
9. Douk Douk Folder. A French-made pocket knife with a carbon steel blade and simple folding construction. Originally built for the working man and used for decades by the French Foreign Legion and Armies, this knife has rightfully earned its legendary status amongst knife collectors and connoisseurs.
10. Myles Everyday Short. The Everyday Short sports a minimalist design with clean lines and a tailored fit, so even though it can be put through the paces of a brutal workout, it’ll also look dang good during down time.