Dads aren’t usually very picky about Father’s Day presents — if you get them something, anything — even if it’s a World’s Greatest Dad mug or tie — they’re typically simply tickled pink that someone remembered them at all.
Those low expectations are going work to your advantage this year — because this year, you’re not only going to remember to get your Pops something for Father’s Day, you’re going to come through with something truly fun, useful, and/or unique.
For those looking to not only meet but exceed dear old dad’s expectations, our friends at Huckberry have curated a selection of can’t-miss items below; for even more ideas, be sure to check out their entire Father’s Day store.
To help you celebrate, Huckberry is offering FREE shipping today and tomorrow (June 8 & 9). Just use the code “aomfree” at checkout. Some exclusions apply (less than 1% of items).
1. Whiskey Peaks Rocks Glasses. A handsome set of four hand-blown whiskey glasses. Featuring a raised topographic impression of America’s greatest peaks — Denali, Half Dome, Mt. Rainier, and Mt. Whitney — Whiskey Peaks will keep your pops sipping “on the rocks” whenever 5 o’clock calls.
2. Good Cigar Co. 2-Pack. Buying cigars can be intimidating, but with Good Cigar Co. it’s simple: they put two high-quality cigars in a humidity-controlled package along with everything you need to enjoy a stogie with dad, including matches and a double-guillotine cutter.
3. Flint and Tinder Texas-Made Workshirt. Made in the USA through and through, this shirt starts with an indigo-dyed chambray from Cone Mills that gets better with age. An El Paso, Texas factory then takes that chambray and carefully constructs a classic workshirt that’s built for the long haul.
4. Big Agnes Tumble 2 Tent. The Tumble 2 fits two people in comfort and features their signature built-in LED lighting — perfect for playing cards or sorting gear without having to use your headlamp and blinding your tentmate.
5. Astorflex Chukka. Handmade in Northern Italy by a family that’s been making boots for six generations, these boots are handsome as hell and represent the best value on the market. It all starts with premium European leather that’s aged for 30 days, then softened with all-natural ingredients to produce a supple suede. Dear old dad could always use another pair of boots!
6. GrowlerWerks uKeg. Give the gift of fresh beer! This mini keg comes in the size of a half-gallon or full gallon growler and is jam-packed with utility: double-walled, vacuum-insulated stainless steel, VPR cap (for adjustable carbonation), pressure gauge, dispenser tap, even an interchangeable tap handle for personalization. The uKeg does it all.
7. Flint and Tinder Breaker Trunk. American-made Breaker swim trunks are quick-drying and have a sport liner for comfort. They’ve also got a considerable amount of stretch woven right into ‘em, perfect for a summer full of cannonballs.
8. BAD Duffel Bag. BAD Bags (which stands for Best American Duffel Bags) makes rugged packs from durable materials. Combining tough nylon fabric with double stitching on every seam, and seat belt webbing reinforcement throughout, this bag can truly stand up to any test you put it through.
9. Pappy Van Winkle Syrup & Pepper Sauce. The folks over at Pappy Van Winkle’s (maker of superb bourbon) tapped Bissell Maple Farm in Ohio for some of their pure, American-made maple syrup to age in retired Pappy bourbon barrels. This year, they also aged some pepper sauce. Yum.
10. Solo Campfire Stove. The Solo Stove takes wood-burning fires up a notch with a stainless steel body and engineered airflow that burns wood more efficiently and with less smoke. Next time you pack the car for a weekend of camping in the nearby mountains, bring along the Campfire Stove for an all-in-one campfire/cooking solution.
11. Survival Axe. The Survival Axe packs an incredible amount of functionality into a lightweight, carbon steel body that’s built tough enough to survive anything. The multi-tool includes: a hammer, seat-belt cutter, can opener, box cutter, hex sockets, and of course, a couple serious blades.
12. UUNI Pizza Oven. Give the gift of pizza with the award-winning UUNI wood-fired pizza oven. The UUNI 2S heats to a blazing 900°F for perfectly-cooked, wood-fired pizza in only 90 seconds — just in time to satisfy the craving. Best of all, UUNI comes with all the equipment you need to start making pizzas right out of the box.
13. Schmidt Brothers Grill Set. Cooking tools that are as handsome as they are functional. This set is made with South Asian teak wood handles and stainless steel. It includes the four essential tools for any backyard cookout: spatula, fork, silicone basting brush, and tongs.
14. Flint and Tinder All-American Jeans. With a little bit of stretch and a lightweight 11 oz denim, it’s the perfect look and fit for the warm days of spring and summer. Custom details like their signature antique metal buttons and a chain-stitched hem round them out. Your dad needs a pair of summer jeans — this is that pair.
Last updated: December 19, 2017