- The Art of Manliness - http://www.artofmanliness.com -
Outfitted & Equipped: Spring Office Casual
Posted By A Manly Guest Contributor On April 17, 2014 @ 1:48 pm In Dress & Grooming,Outfitted & Equipped,Visual Guides | 8 Comments
|||This post is brought to you by JackThreads . Sign Up & Save More Than 50% On Premium Menswear.
How does Outfitted & Equipped work? The FAQ. 
Editor’s note: This gallery was curated by Barron Cuadro of The Effortless Gent .
Come spring and summer — and the warm weather that they bring — the office dress code tends to loosen a little bit. Dressing in light layers will ensure you’re ready for both a warm lunch on the patio and a brisk happy-hour at a rooftop bar after work. You won’t go wrong with our selections below.
1. The Sport Coat. Gagliardi Navy Linen Jacket . A linen jacket is a great spring weather staple. The fabric is light and won’t overheat you. This jacket can be worn without a tie and paired with chinos for more casual occasions, and dressed up with a tie and nice trousers for more formal events.
2. The Shirt. Goodale Rutledge Oxford Shirt.  A classic Oxford shirt at a great price.
3. The Pants. Goodale Clinton Chinos. 
4. The Vest. ASOS Herringbone Vest . Sometimes men aren’t sure of when and how to wear vests. Traditionally, vests are formal and worn over a collared dress shirt and tie, and under a jacket. But nowadays, it’s easily worn more casually, such as with an Oxford button-down and silk knit tie, or sans tie. If you want to try incorporating vests into your more informal get-ups, I suggest finding one made from a more casual fabric such as linen, cotton, or tweed — like this herringbone vest. Avoid suiting fabric, and look for a matte back. That way, the vest’s casualness matches the vibe of the whole outfit.
5. The Briefcase. Ben Sherman Leather Briefcase .
6. The Lunch Tote. Kaufmann Mercantile Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag . There’s no need to carry your lunch to work in a plastic grocery bag or a chintzy neon pouch. This handsome waxed canvas lunch bag in handmade in North Carolina.
7. The Belt. Tanner Goods Skinny Standard Belt .
9. The Timepiece. Seiko 5 Automatic Casual .
10. The Socks. Richer Poorer Polka Dots Socks .
11. The Shoes. Florsheim Veblen Ofxord (White) . Bone-colored Florsheim Veblens are a fun pair of shoes to wear if you like mixing casual and tailored items. They look more casual because of their color, but they’re still a longwing brogue. Plus they’ll look great paired with the oxford shirt and chinos.
Article printed from The Art of Manliness: http://www.artofmanliness.com
URL to article: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/04/17/outfitted-equipped-spring-office-casual/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/art-of-manliness/13463?vc=2013&utm_source=aom&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=outfitted_general_041714
 How does Outfitted & Equipped work? The FAQ.: http://www.artofmanliness.com/how-does-outfitted-and-equipped-work-the-faq/
 The Effortless Gent: http://effortlessgent.com/about/
 Gagliardi Navy Linen Jacket: http://gagliardi.eu/shop/navy-linen-jacket/
 Goodale Rutledge Oxford Shirt.: http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/art-of-manliness/13463?vc=2011&utm_source=aom&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=outfitted_shirt_041714
 Goodale Clinton Chinos. : http://www.jackthreads.com/sales/art-of-manliness/13463?vc=2012&utm_source=aom&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=outfitted_pants_041714
 ASOS Herringbone Vest: http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Slim-Fit-Vest-In-Herringbone/10x1ob/?iid=2928680&cid=16752&sh=0&pge=14&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Grey
 Ben Sherman Leather Briefcase: http://www.zappos.com/ben-sherman-leather-double-zip-briefcase-chestnut-brown
 Kaufmann Mercantile Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag: https://store.kaufmann-mercantile.com/collections/canvas-products/products/waterproof-waxed-canvas-lunchbag
 Tanner Goods Skinny Standard Belt: http://www.tannergoods.com/collections/belts-1/products/skinny-standard-belt-saddle-tan-brass
 Kindle Paperwhite: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWVXK5O/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00AWVXK5O&linkCode=as2&tag=stucosuccess-20
 AoM Book Club selection: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/04/02/aom-book-club-april-2014-cannery-row/
 Seiko 5 Automatic Casual: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LTAY1U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000LTAY1U&linkCode=as2&tag=stucosuccess-20
 Richer Poorer Polka Dots Socks: http://www.maxtonmen.com/collections/shoes-socks/products/richer-poorer-polka-dots-socks-grey
 Florsheim Veblen Ofxord (White): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ELP88G/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003ELP88G&linkCode=as2&tag=stucosuccess-20
Copyright 2010 The Art of Manliness. All rights reserved.