Winner of the AoM Collection Boxed Set & An Update on Your Amazon Order

by Brett & Kate McKay on April 5, 2012 · 12 comments

in Blog

Last week we announced the launch of the Art of Manliness Collection Boxed Set. It’s our two books in a cigar box along with six manly coasters. 1,700 of you entered to win this box-o-manliness, but there could only be one winner. And the winner is…

Matthew Weatherford from Spring, Texas

Congratulations, Matthew!

If you didn’t win, you can still pick up a set from our publisher’s site or from Amazon.com

Amazon Preorder Update & What We’re Going to Do to Make It Up to You

Many of you have been emailing, Tweeting, and Facebooking me asking about the status of your Amazon order. On the announcement post, we told you that the set was actually releasing March 30 and not May 2 as Amazon listed. We got this information from our publisher.

While I was acting on the best information I had, I’m very sorry to say we gave you the wrong date. The set is indeed not releasing until May 2. It was a miscommunication between ourselves and the publisher. Unfortunately, some of you who pre-ordered a set need it now because you were planning on giving it as a birthday or wedding gift in April.

For those of you who pre-ordered a boxed set and need it sooner rather than later, here’s what you can do:

1) Order a set directly from our publisher for $22.19. The publisher’s warehouse is fulfilling and shipping orders right now.

2) Cancel your pre-order with Amazon. Amazon doesn’t charge your card until your order ships. Because the boxed sets aren’t shipping until May 2, you still have time to cancel without incurring a charge to your card.

I know this is a pain in the butt, but this is the only option we have available right now to get you your boxed set ASAP.

Everyone Who Pre-ordered a Book Set Gets a Free AoM Poster

We feel terribly about letting you guys down on this. Your trust is our biggest priority, and we want to try to make things right. To make up for the inconvenience that this pre-order snafu has caused, we’re offering everyone who pre-ordered a boxed set in the past seven days (since March 29) a FREE Art of Manliness poster of their choice ($10 value). Shipping is on us. It’s the least we can do to make up for this mistake.

To claim your free poster simply follow these directions:

1) Forward your Amazon receipt to brett@artofmanliness.com

2) Tell me which poster you want: 1) Man in the Arena or 2) If

3) Let me know me where to ship it.

Again, we’re very sorry for this. Thank you for your continued support of the Art of Manliness.

Semper Virilis,

Brett

1 Nick April 5, 2012 at 3:12 pm

It was the publisher’s mistake, but you’re going to take the hit in time and money? That’s integrity, Brett. And that’s why I support AoM.

2 Phil April 5, 2012 at 3:25 pm

I concur with Nick’s sentiment above.

3 Nathan April 5, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I also concur

4 Mat Yarger April 5, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I agree as well. I preordered a set for my brothers 18th birthday. I’m glad I’ll be able to get it before May now though! This is why I’ll be a fan till the end.

5 Andrew Wilson April 5, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Brett, your efforts to make us better men have not gone unnoticed. I treasure your wisdom, and your gesture proves your mettle. As Mat has said, “A fan till the end.”

6 Ken F. April 5, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Brett, once again you show great integrity and character. AoM is that rare site that I look forward to every day. I’ll cancel my Amazon order and get the collection directly. Thanks Brett!

7 Tedje April 5, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Bravo!

8 Ryan April 5, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Brett you rock.

9 Nick April 6, 2012 at 7:44 pm

This is the reason i am so thankfull that i found this site! Seeing a great man turn a negative to a positive!

10 Scott Sideleau April 7, 2012 at 9:14 am

Sorry, to hear that there were communication issues between the publishers and yourselves. Thanks for taking the high road on this one. I see that Amazon has corrected their pre-order pricing to match the $19.79 quoted in the original announcement post; as such, I have pre-ordered the kit and wait — in anticipation — for my Prime shipping to expedite its journey home. Thanks for putting this kit together and doing what you do. Keep on keeping on.

11 Wick April 8, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Wow! Amazon sent me an email stating that my order would be shipped sooner than anticipated and you are doing this because of the publishers miscommunication. Thanks for stepping up and supporting your readers. I am thankful to have found your site.

Cheers!

12 Traeshaun April 11, 2012 at 9:51 pm

i just got this set in the mail today. Not sure where to start but i am excited.