Launch of Manvotionals Book Delayed

by Brett & Kate McKay on September 9, 2011 · 11 comments

in Uncategorized

This week our publisher informed us that while they were originally going to release our new book, Manvotionals: Timeless Wisdom and Advice for the Modern Man, in mid-September, they’ve decided to move the launch until around October 28th in order to coincide with some promotions they’ll be running with Barnes and Noble and Amazon at that time. We’re both really bummer and quite happy about this delay. Happy because the promotions will mean that more people will hopefully discover the book. Really bummed because we had been truly counting down the days until September, as we’ve been beyond excited to share this book with you guys. I guess this will just build the suspense for a couple more months. We don’t have any control over these decisions, so we appreciate your patience and support.

You can pre-order the book now, and you can read excerpts of it at the official Manvotionals site.

We’ve already received advance copies of the book–and it’s really sweet! During October, we’ll be giving away one advance copy of the book every week until the launch on our side blog, The Trunk. So be sure to check in regularly for a chance to be the first guy on the block, nay, in your state or even your country to get your hands on one.

1 Tyler@Debt Reckoning September 9, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Bummer, but looking forward to the book nonetheless! I plan to buy a copy for me and one to put up for my son (he probably woundn’t appreciate it at 7, but will one day). Here’s to many sales!

2 Go For Miles September 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Have the previous book, looking forward to this one. A little more time wont kill us for the waiting, so cheers to the good side of that news.

3 Frank September 9, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Already preordered through Amazon. Looking forward to it, but I can certainly wait a bit longer.

4 Ron September 9, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Wait, The Trunk is getting it’s very own site!? That’s so great it’s almost…. elephantine in awesome.

5 Stephen September 9, 2011 at 11:44 pm

I’m actually glad about this because I don’t have the money for it yet.

6 J.R. September 10, 2011 at 3:59 am

I recently bought a copy of the Art of Manliness. So far it’s been hard to put down and I’m about two chapters away from finishing. I’m really looking forward to buying the next book!

7 Danny September 10, 2011 at 9:32 am

Lame! I was really looking forward to getting it! Now I’ll have to wait another month and a half.

8 Aaron September 10, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I assume this means just the print version? I’ve been reading the e version on my iPad from iBook and have been loving every page of it!

9 kevin landry September 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm

at least it can correspond with Movember now.

10 Henry September 12, 2011 at 7:09 am

What’s another month? The wisdom’s TIMELESS!
But I am disappointed in your publishers Brett, they owed you the author a little more warning that they were pushing the release date back a month. They know the foundation of your sales will be those to YOUR online community. It’s bad etiquette and bad business to put you in this position.
I’m sure someday this will just be a funny story for you and Kate to tell about the second in a long career of successful books.

11 Fritz September 21, 2011 at 10:49 am

Really looking forward to the book. Maybe I’ll just get the e version for my iPad for now.