The 2010 Movember Results

by Brett & Kate McKay on December 3, 2010 · 19 comments

in Blog

During the month of November, the Art of Manliness participated in Movember, an annual fundraiser in which participants grow mustaches while raising money for men’s health issues. The 426-man Art of Manliness Movember Team raised a whopping $31,337 during November. Holy-freaking-cow!  That’s truly astounding! It’s stuff like this that makes me proud to be a part of such an amazing community of men.

A big thanks to all the AoM Movember Team members who hit the pavement soliciting donations and thanks to all of you who donated money. And a very big thanks to Shaun Daws, who orchestrated the AoM effort from the land down under.

We had a contest among the AoM Movember Team to see who could raise the most money, and boy was it a close battle for the grand prize. There was a difference of less than $200 between first and second place. But there can only be one winner. And the winner is…

First place: Clint Herring. Clint raised an impressive $2,945 during November. For his efforts, we’ll be giving Clint a handsome Saddleback Leather travel case filled with manly goodies like a Merkur safety razor, a badger hair brush, Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream, and one signed copy of The Art of Manliness: Classic Skills and Manners for the Modern Man. Thanks for the manly effort, Clint!

First runner-up: Kyle Herring. Kyle raised $2,795 and will be receiving an AoM t-shirt of his choice.

Many thanks to Saddleback for donating the travel case. And thanks again to all those who helped make Movember such a resounding success! We’ll see you next year!

1 Lance Charger December 3, 2010 at 8:36 am

Congratulations! I am a regular reader of your site, and own saddleback leather. I am the team leader for the Lance Chargers, about 20 of us raised over 40k. It’s great to see you be involved in such a great charity! Keep on keepin on!

Lance Charger

2 Jason December 3, 2010 at 9:26 am

So is the name similarities between the winner and runner-up mere coincidence? :)

Assuming not, that’s a family that gets my kudos and appreciation.

Even if so, great job, all of you. Prostates everywhere thank you – in their own special way, I’m sure.

3 Matt Gerard December 3, 2010 at 9:32 am

I can’t believe there is a post about this without some shots of the best Mo’s. DISSAPOINTED!!!!

4 eric December 3, 2010 at 9:37 am

^ Agreed. Pictures of mustaches, dammit!

5 Bill December 3, 2010 at 9:54 am

@ Matt Gerard and eric

There are pictures in earlier posts about the Movember cause, I believe.

6 Ben December 3, 2010 at 11:06 am

I will confirm that the Herring duo is indeed a pair of Manly brothers. Everyone should demand pictures.

7 Marsh December 3, 2010 at 11:31 am

Way to grow Mo Bros worldwide! Here’s a short ori9ginal music youtube video I made called Grow a Muzzy -PHOTO version that I hope you will like.
Cheers, Marsh from up north

8 Allan White December 3, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Indeed, pictures of the triumphant winners (or, for the classy, painted or sculpted portraits)!

Show us the ‘staches!

9 DavidM December 3, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Congratulations AoM Mo’ Bros, a very impressive amount that makes my fundraising look a bit weedy. Still our team raised over £3,500 so it all counts.

Well done also for helping raise the profile of Movember so it will continue to grow and raise funds for men’s health.

Despite the embarrassment I was actually quite sad to shave the mo’ off on Wednesday.

10 Carter December 3, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I had to go full-beard for no-shave-November. I end up looking like a serial killer with only a ‘stashe

11 Vegas Bennett December 3, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Congrats guys!

Now is it just me, or does that number look familiar? $31,337?

(For those who may not follow me 31337 (1337) = eleet (leet) = elite?)

Anyway, again awesome job!

12 Litzner December 4, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Fantastic job AoM! I got a bunch of men at work on board for the month of Movember and it was a hit all around.

13 Denise R December 4, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Great Job to the Manly Herring Bros! We’re proud of you and all who took part in this great cause.

14 MoMo December 6, 2010 at 10:52 am

I’m so proud of Herring boys, they certainly have a great family and know the value of giving back, way to go Mom and Dad! You took it on full force and deserve many praise. You da men!

15 Dennard December 6, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Awesome. Congratulations all around!

16 Greg K., PA December 6, 2010 at 4:35 pm

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

Congrats on a great job! I don’t think I’ll be shaving my beard anytime soon.

17 Michael December 7, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Well done you guys. That is truly incredible.

18 Benny Watson December 8, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Hey guys, congratulations on raising so much cash for such a good cause. I’m just new to this website and I’m liking it alot. Keep up the great work!

19 Will December 8, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I was proud to be a member of the AoM team, and raised nearly $1,100. Next year I’m starting my own team at my company. We’ve got 2,000 people just on my campus alone (21,000 nationwide). I’ll be sure to rally the troops to raise lots more money!

And since Movember is still accepting donations until December 9, my Mo is coming off on the 10th.

Thanks, AoM, for helping me decide to take the plunge!