Note: I’ve sent this out in our new email newsletter to our email subscribers, but it’s been brought to my attention that the new email was being sent to some people’s junk box. So I’m publishing this on the main site and through Feedburner email to let people know.
We’re always looking for ways to improve your experience with The Art of Manliness. For the past two years, we’ve been using a very basic email newsletter service with Feedburner that sent the latest posts to your inbox. It worked, but the service didn’t provide subscribers with many options on how they received their emails. Also, the emails weren’t that great looking.
To solve this problem, we’ve upgraded our email newsletter service so both you and I can have more control over it. You’ll be getting the new email format in your inbox tomorrow morning at 5AM EST with the same manly content you’ve been getting before.
What the Upgrade Means to You
- If you’re subscribing via RSS feed, you’re not affected. You’ll still be getting our posts delivered to your RSS feed reader every time we publish a post. This change only affects people who subscribed via email.
- If you’re already signed up for email updates, you don’t have to do anything. We’ve imported your emails to the new service and you’ll be getting the new email format in your inbox. You don’t have to do anything.
- We’ll no longer be sending update via Feedburner. After this email, we’ll no longer be using Feedburner to deliver updates to email subscribers. The emails will be coming from artofmanliness at gmail.com, so please add us to you contact list so our emails don’t end up in your junk box.
- New Email Subject. We’ve changed the subject line for our emails so you all know when you’re getting something from AoM. The subject line in your inbox will now read The Art of Manliness | (Title of day’s blog post).
- The email design. We wanted the email to look sharper, so we’ve designed it to look more like the site. Depending on your email service, you may have to click “view images” to see the images in the email.
- Option to choose between HTML emails, text emails, or mobile emails. If you don’t like the new html emails, you can easily switch back to text emails. You can even decide to get emails formatted for your mobile phone.
- Option to get a weekly digest. One request we frequently received was the option to get a weekly digest of all the posts published during the week instead of getting a daily email. We understand. Inboxes get cluttered and the fewer emails the better. Well, now you finally have the option to get one weekly digest delivered to you every Monday of all the posts published during the previous week. To subscribe to the weekly digest sign up here. After you subscribe there, you’ll have to unsubscribe to the daily updates or you’ll be getting weekly and daily emails which sort of defeats the purpose of a weekly digest.
- More personalized emails. We’d like to create a more personalized experience for you. We’d love for you to update your profile with your name, birthday, and country. It’s not required and feel free to leave the form blank. I repeat. You DO NOT have to provide this info. We’d just like to provide custom content and info based on where you live and maybe send you a special manly ebook on your birthday. Don’t worry. We hate spam and will guard your info with two mustached men holding Colt Python revolvers.
That’s it! We hope you like the new email fornat and please feel free to email us if you ever have any questions about it.
If you aren’t subscribed to our email newsletter, sign up today!
Last updated: March 26, 2010