Happy Thanksgiving!

by Brett & Kate McKay on November 26, 2009 · 10 comments

in Blog

rockwell_thanksgivingFrom all of us at The Art of Manliness, we hope those of you here in America have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Eat some turkey, have a slice of pie (0r two), and make sure to get out and throw the football around to burn off some of that stuffing.

In between eating and watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, give the video below a quick view. It’s an old educational film from 1950 called “A Day of Thanksgiving.” A wise Ward Clever-like dad explains to his children the real reason for Thanksgiving: Gratitude. Enjoy!

What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments.

1 James Bonine November 26, 2009 at 10:55 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am going to fry my turkey again this year!

2 Joe November 26, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Happy Thanksgiving.

3 Nathan November 26, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Thankful for family, for liberty, and for my God!

Oh! And your blog!

Happy Thanksgiving Brett and the rest of AoM!

4 Brad November 26, 2009 at 11:23 pm

I am thankful for all of the challanges and successes that I have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all at AoM.

5 Joe November 27, 2009 at 6:54 am

That video in this gave a perfect meaning what this means…Happy thanksgiving.

6 David November 27, 2009 at 11:18 am

I am thankful that is was born an American. I love the rest of the world; traveling, exploring & learning. But, the best part of any trip I’ve ever taken – is setting foot back on the greatest country on earth, returning to my home and family. Knowing that what ever happens beyond our borders, the best dedicated and well trained troops in human history are ready to do battle to protect what we have. I guess I’m thankful for the safety & security of what we often take for granted everyday.

7 Jake November 27, 2009 at 12:30 pm

I got a job after months of unemployment. A pretty good job, too. So I am thankful for that.

8 Mike November 30, 2009 at 2:38 pm

I am thankful for my family and friends that serve our nation during these dangerous days.

I am thankful for Buttlerball turkey in a Reynolds Cooking bag. EVO , Salt, pepper , garlic and onion powder 3 hours at 350 and you have a fall off the bone tender moist Golden brown turkey.

I am also thankful my Dad found and gave me this week my Grandpa’s Gem SE razor handle.