Important Updates About the Art of Manliness Book

by Brett & Kate McKay on October 11, 2009 · 18 comments

in Blog

First off, a big thanks to everyone who has already bought a copy of the new Art of Manliness book. Thanks to you all, last Monday we made it up to #33 on Amazon.com’s Bestseller list. We really and truly appreciate the support. We’ve gotten a lot of very positive feedback about the book, and we’re happy that you’re enjoying it and have found it to be a good read.

Here are some updates about the book we wanted to let you know about:

Free Man’s Guide to the Holidays Ebook Offer Ends Soon!

If you haven’t bought a book yet, remember that you only have about 24 hours left to get the our new ebook, Man’s Guide to the Holidays, FREE with the purchase of the Art of Manliness book. The Man’s Guide to the Holidays ebook will sell for $9.95, so this is your chance to get two books for the price of one! The offer ends on Monday, October 12 at 11:59. So make sure to buy your book before the witching hour. If you’re planning on buying Art of Manliness books as gifts for the holidays, go ahead and buy them now and get the free ebook. You can stash the books in the attic.

Amazon Reviews

If you’ve already received the book and you’re grateful for the amount of hair it’s put on your chest, please consider posting a review of the book on Amazon.

1 Tom Harbold October 11, 2009 at 3:59 pm

Okay, not to be greedy or anything… *grin* … but… can a man order the signed copy from this website, AND get a free copy of the “Man’s Guide to the Holidays” e-book? That’d be truly ideal!

Many thanks,

Tom

2 Brett McKay October 11, 2009 at 4:03 pm

@Tom-

3 Jachin October 11, 2009 at 4:34 pm

I’m a poor college student, haven’t been able to get it yet. But soon!

4 Cowboy Bob October 11, 2009 at 4:58 pm

@ Brett “We hadn’t planned on their being such a large demand for signed copies so we didn’t have a plan in place to fulfill this request.”

“Man up” on the self-esteem, willya? Come on, you knew we’d be there.

5 Tom Harbold October 11, 2009 at 5:54 pm

@ Brett “Nothing wrong with being greedy for extra manliness. You can definitely get a free Holiday Guide if you buy a signed copy from the site…..but the Monday deadline still applies.”

Done! You should be receiving my PayPal order even as I write.

6 Paul Mac October 11, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Brett,

I’m assuming the $3.50 shipping is only for domestic orders. What options have we got for ordering a signed copy from overseas? I’m in Australia.

Cheers,
Paul

7 David Turnbull October 11, 2009 at 7:42 pm

Good stuff guys. I’m still going to hold off for a bit (all my money is tied up in a term deposit at the moment) but the book is on my Amazon shopping list. :-)

8 Robert Disque October 11, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I ordered mine and put a good review of it on Amazon. I’m happy to do my part Brett. Thanks.

9 Michael C October 12, 2009 at 7:18 am

I ordered the book on Amazon a few days ago. I was unaware that there was an extra offer in place when I ordered.

I just wanted to know do I qualify for that?
Or do I need to cancel and reorder through the site?
(Due to the deadline I would really prefer if someone could back to me on this today if possible.)

P.S. I ordered on the 9th.

10 Michael C October 12, 2009 at 7:21 am

Never mind, I found the answer.

Please disregard the above post.

11 OkieRover October 12, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Order 3 copies for Christmas presents. One for my son-in-law, one for my son, and one for that inevitable Christmas party with Dirty Santa Game I’ll be forced to attend. Keep up the good work.

12 Brett McKay October 12, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Awesome, OkieRover. Thanks for much. And nothing says Dirty Santa like the Art of Manliness.

13 Shaun October 12, 2009 at 7:06 pm

Damn, I should have waited…$3.50 would be a lot cheaper than the shipping I had to pay…that’s international, right Brett? ;)

14 David October 13, 2009 at 6:03 am

The postman just through in my copy of the book. Pretty damn fast for shipping it to Germany.
I only took a first look since I’m very busy right now, but I have to say it looks great. Really. Love the cover art and cannot wait to immerse myself into your book.

Very great job.

15 Erick October 13, 2009 at 5:23 pm

@Micheal: What was the answer? I ordered that book by the deadline as well and have not received anything letting me know how to get the Holiday ebook. Anyone else have any info on that?

Thanks!

16 John B. October 28, 2009 at 1:01 pm

Just received it. Looks great! Thanks!