Announcing the New Art of Manliness T-Shirts

by Brett & Kate McKay on July 13, 2009 · 20 comments

in Blog

Well we’ve upped the design on the Art of Manliness website and we thought it was time to up the coolness of our t-shirts as well. We’ve teamed up with the awesome men at Tankfarm Clothing to create a new line of AoM shirts. Not only are the designs uber manly, the t-shirts themselves are of the highest quality, baby soft, and fit nicely to your manly physique.

All the tees are $16.50 and can be ordered from the Tankfarm/Art of Manliness store. If you don’t have the scratch to buy one, don’t forget that you can obtain a shirt the good old fashioned way: by earning one.

Many, many thanks to the manly men of Tankfarm tees for putting these shirts and the AoM store together for us. You are outstanding men and we are proud to be associated with you.

1 James NomadRip July 13, 2009 at 3:29 pm

These are awesome! Must get Gentlemen’s Boxing Club!

2 Kirk July 13, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I love the first shirt you’ve got up there, hope to procure it in the near future…

3 Eric Granata July 13, 2009 at 4:13 pm

Hey, yeah! Those look awesome! Really like that boxing club one.

4 Steven Rushing July 13, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Sorry to be a kill-joy, but TR is a horrible example of a manly man, primarily because of his forming of the progressive party. He was a straight communist, and yeah, I get that communism as currently recognized didn’t exist yet.

5 Colin Henry July 13, 2009 at 4:46 pm

I am not one for wearing t-shirts, but put the bull moose party logo on a sticker. and i am so there.

6 thehuhman July 13, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I like ‘em all, but definitely the first one, “The Bull Moose Party”. In fact, I already ordered it!

7 Ben Callicoat July 13, 2009 at 5:12 pm

I have to agree with Steven Rushing above. Progressivism is nothing to celebrate — it is the political virus which destroyed Constitutionalism.

Sounds cool. Sorta like a Che Guevara t-shirt. Not cool in reality, though.

8 Dave July 13, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Gentlemen’s Boxing Club, all the way!

9 Dr. Awesome July 13, 2009 at 7:34 pm

I’m with Colin, a bull moose sticker would be pretty sweet. I’ll settle for the t-shirt though.

10 JJ Murphy July 13, 2009 at 8:00 pm

No tall sizes, I’m out. Being 6’10″ occassionally has its disadvantages. (not many though!)

Cool shirts at least!b

11 Cameron A July 14, 2009 at 1:04 am

I love them all, but I really plan on getting the first one. I’d love it if there was a way to get stickers or pins or something.

12 TheManRevolution July 14, 2009 at 3:11 am

Okay, that last one is seriously awesome!

13 C. Parrish July 14, 2009 at 10:33 am

Gents-
I loved the shirts until I saw they were made in Bangladesh. As a board member of an organization battling modern day slavery, and knowing the slave labor statistics of various nations, I would bet with some degree of certainty that these great t-shirts are produced with child slaves.

To the Art of Manliness corporate directors, I want to encourage you to investigate the harsh realities of how/where we buy stuff. And a great, simple way to start is to look into http://www.notforsalecampaign.org , and then become a part of the “Free 2 Work” campaign.

C’mon, let’s be men and make a hard stand for those who can not!

CP

14 Mike Anderson July 14, 2009 at 6:24 pm

@ C. Parrish
On behalf of Tankfarm, we appreciate your concern and believe business should be measured by success and social benefit. To clarify, all of our t-shirts are designed and printed on site at the same building I’m writing you from (Cypress, California). The majority of our custom t-shirts are made in Los Angeles (sweat shop free). A small portion of our pre-manufactured t-shirts are made in Bangladesh, but are purchased through an American importer with strict guidelines against child labor and modern day slavery. So you see, we are on the same side.

To read more about our history and values feel free to visit our site:

Mike Anderson
co-founder Tankfarm Clothing

15 Deyka July 17, 2009 at 7:05 am

These shirts are fantastic.

16 David January 28, 2010 at 11:59 pm

Who cares if T.R. was a commie in spirit? How does that make him less of a manly man? Lots of communists were manly men (such as those that defended Leningrad against the Nazis). He was a great president, founded many of our national paks (kick-started the whole deal actually), charged San Juan Hill, swam the Potomac nude, climbed the trees in the White House lawn… I could go on and on. In short, he defined for many of us just what is meant by “manly man”. No one is perfect.

17 The Spartan May 19, 2010 at 7:59 am

Love the boxing club and the razor sharp!

18 Gary June 29, 2010 at 10:01 am

I love he razor and hairbrush t-shirt. I once walked into a real barber shop for the “full treatment” and loved it. Best shave I ever had. I’m going to get a razor and leather strop!!

19 Ben Pierce March 7, 2013 at 12:27 pm

tankfarm is out of the rough riders t-shirts!!
AoM, are more on the way? do you happen to have a medium laying around I could buy???
Ben

20 ed burke May 6, 2013 at 7:16 am

Thank You Mike Anderson. Wouldn’t want one otherwise.