Preorder a New Art of Manliness T-Shirt

by Brett & Kate McKay on March 10, 2009 · 12 comments

in Blog

Well, the response to our first batch of Art of Manliness t-shirts was great and we only have a few left. So I thought it was a good time to offer a new one. This time we’re offering two designs. These designs were the second and third runner up in the Art of Manliness t-shirt design contest. Keep in mind that the colors of the actual shirts will vary somewhat from the designs shown here.

Our first design is a classic looking t-shirt with a manly mustache and a dignified monocle. Perfect for the manly gentleman. The shirt will come in brown.

siegel_david_art

Shirt design by D. Siegel

We’ll be taking preorders for two weeks.

Cost is $11 S-XL. It’s a bit more than the last one because these shirts have more colors. If you want any shirt larger than an XL, it’s going to be $2.50 more.

Shipping in the U.S. is $3.50.

Shipping to Mexico and Canada is $9.95

Shipping to all other countries is $11.95

I plan on having the first order of shirts shipped out in about in two weeks.

Click on one of the buttons below to make your preorder. All payments will be done securely with PayPal.com. You DO NOT need a PayPal account to make a purchase. All major credit cards are accepted.

Monocle Shirt

siegel_david_art

Sizes

Shirt No Longer Available

1 Craig March 10, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I apologize for criticizing what appears to be a quality product and I thoroughly enjoy your site. I have to wonder though, is it really manly to wear a t-shirt advertising something that you personally didn’t do? This is no different than wearing a sports jersey with or a piece of a military uniform for a service in which you are not a member. It advertises you as a hanger on with little to say other than to point people towards things that you think might make you look better. Men don’t need to advertise their personal affiliations unless in uniform supporting the affiliation. A man doesn’t need to convince people he is manly by advertising that he reads a blog about manliness.

Perhaps a better solution would be a t shirt with the logo printed inside where only the wearer knows about it. After all, a real man knows he is a real man without support from others.

2 Josh March 10, 2009 at 4:05 pm

I bought a shirt last time, and I’ll probably get another one. Not because I’m a “hanger-on” or that I’m trying to convince people of my manliness, but because I enjoy this site and I want to support it. I think a lot of the stuff on this site would be beneficial to many guys and I’d like to help get the word out about it. And yeah, I’ll admit I like being affiliated with AoM because its a symbol of something I believe in-a return to manliness.

3 Dave March 11, 2009 at 11:31 am

I would like to get one of them monocle shirts, but I’ve got a question: is the background of the logo that parchment-color while the remainder of the shirt brown, or is everything one color? I know it’s more of a fundraiser than a fashion statement, but it would be very useful for folks like me (if there are any others) to see a simple picture of the overall t-shirt like on CafePress, to sort of gauge what to expect.

Anyway, good luck all the same.

4 Denim Doctor March 11, 2009 at 11:14 pm

I think I like the first one. It looks really cool!

5 barbara connolly March 16, 2009 at 2:11 am

I like the brown momocle design better,but I think the boxers and your original logo would be the best.Also, how about a ladies’ fit t-shirt with the designs.I’m trying to grow a man in my household and I would love to support you.

6 Aaron March 17, 2009 at 11:09 pm

I need to throw some money into my checking for that first one.

I feel that the second is a little too simple, but they’re both awesome.

7 Sougent March 19, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Would like to see that monocle one on a sticker I could slap onto my laptop lid.

8 Andrew May 12, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Old Albania, but Occassionals Hockey is a very close second for me!

9 tonya May 13, 2009 at 7:11 am

Would love a woman’s tee to show our support! Men out there today really need to know that women love old school manliness!

10 Artemis November 24, 2012 at 11:16 am

Hey just saw the great branded tee’s available on ‘tankfarm’ – is there any else where to buy them online that offers European delivery? (Specifically to Germany?) really hope there is…

11 Aaron M March 11, 2013 at 10:03 am

I love the “Scholar and Gentleman” shirt, but I am far too small for an XXL, please bring it back!