If you haven’t done so yet, please remember to vote in the 2008 Art of Manliness Man of the Year Contest. Deadline to vote is Sunday night, so you have three short days left. Make sure to check out the nominees’ essays on the Official Voting Page. While the winner isn’t going to become a spokesperson for Old Spice, Old Spice was kind enough to provide a $2,000 cash prize along with an assortment of Old Spice products for the Man of the Year.
- Looks out for and is loyal to his friends and family.
- Does the right thing, even when it’s not convenient.
- Is proficient in the manly arts.
- Serves and gives back to his community.
- Sacrifices for the good of others.
- Works hard and never complains.
- Has a confident swagger, but isn’t a pompous jerk.
- Has a sense of humor but doesn’t cut people down.
- Embraces instead of shirks responsibility