- The Art of Manliness - http://www.artofmanliness.com -
5 Ways Strength Training Will Make You Man Up
Posted By Brett and Kate McKay On February 1, 2008 @ 5:44 am In Health & Sports | 34 Comments
Brett asked me to make an article about strength training  and how it relates to manliness. Great topic, because strength training is all about that. Here are 5 ways strength training will make you man up.
1. Confidence. The stronger you are, the more muscles you’ll have. The more muscles you have, the more calories you’ll burn. Strength training will build muscle while lowering your body fat. You’ll look & feel better.
What you achieve will inspire you in other areas of your life. Success breeds success. You’ll feel more confident about yourself & what you can do. And that’s the number one personality trait that defines men: confidence.
2. Testosterone. Strength training & weight lifting  increases your testosterone levels. Increased testosterone means more muscles, a lower body fat and an increased libido. Testosterone is the Man hormone.
No need to buy fancy supplements  to increase your testosterone levels. Just go to the gym & do a simple 3x30mins/week routine like StrongLifts 5×5 .
3. Responsibility. You want money: work. You want girls: approach them. You want to build muscle  & lose fat : pay your dues at the gym. Strength training teaches you to be responsible for your own future.
4. Hobby. Smoking pot, drinking beer, playing video games, … Those can all be fun, but they’re not rewarding in the long-term. Get a real hobby. Lift weights, build muscle, lose the belly, get stronger.
Exercise is substitute cave-man activity. – Mark Rippetoe.
Once you’re doing heavy sets of Squats  & Deadlifts  you’ll understand what Rippetoe means. Strength training will wake up something inside you. Something that in many people lies dormant: being a man.
This post was submitted by Mehdi  of StrongLifts.com. Check out his site for more info about the Bench Press , Barbell Row , Pull-ups  & building a home gym .
If you liked this article, please bookmark it on del.icio.us or vote for it on Digg. Mehdi would appreciate it.
Article printed from The Art of Manliness: http://www.artofmanliness.com
URL to article: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/02/01/5-ways-strength-training-will-make-you-man-up/
URLs in this post:
 strength training: http://stronglifts.com/strength-training-key-to-building-muscle-losing-fat/
 weight lifting: http://stronglifts.com/weight-lifting-101-the-definitive-guide-to-weight-lifting/
 supplements: http://stronglifts.com/the-only-supplements-you-need-to-build-muscle-strength/
 StrongLifts 5×5: http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
 build muscle: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-build-muscle-the-definitive-guide/
 lose fat: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-lose-fat-fast/
 Squats: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-squat-with-proper-technique-fix-common-problems/
 Deadlifts: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-deadlift-with-proper-technique/
 Mehdi: http://stronglifts.com/about-mehdi/
 Bench Press: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-bench-press-with-proper-technique-avoid-shoulder-injuries/
 Barbell Row: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-perform-the-barbell-row-with-proper-technique/
 Pull-ups: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-do-pull-ups-and-chin-ups-with-proper-technique/
 home gym: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-build-your-home-gym/
 RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheArtOfManliness
 email: http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/emailverifySubmit?feedId=1523097&loc=en_US
Copyright 2010 The Art of Manliness. All rights reserved.